• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Xbox player joining Steam players

Eburns924

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 1, 2023
Hello all,

Sorry if this bug was already reported. I checked the forums but didn’t find anything close to this.

I play decieve on my Xbox series X and my 2 cousins play on their pc through steam.

They are able to join my lobby fine but I can almost never join them (either in separate lobbies or together.)

I can sometimes join them. I recently I found a way to join them that requires them to both send me an invite (from separate parties and then I accept one then the other and it will put me with them)

The reason I do not like to host lobbies as an Xbox player is because of a different bug where my match Will auto cue forward if I get downed (I will put a different bug report about that one too)

Attached is a video where I try to join with just a regular invite where it doesn’t work, then the above method where it does work.

Thank you

I've pinged your reports over to our QA to see if they can replicate what you are experiencing. If you do have a video that would be helpful.

As for your party issue, the team is aware that some players are having issues getting parties to reliably form between Xbox and PC and have been investigating why this is the case in hopes of getting it fixed as soon as possible.

Possible workarounds that may help currently are:
  • send the invite from PC to Xbox, or​
  • go into a private lobby and invite the person
    • then back out and they both should still be in the party​

Last edited:
Upvote 0