• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT Scaring Up Some New Guns!

Buzzkillinton;n2322762 said:
all 3 are [...] 20rd magazine..
Unless they aren't. The magazine in the FAL renders doesn't extend down as far as the pistol grip does, while on usual images of FALs with regular magazines (20rd) inserted, the mag extends down past the pistol grip.
The proportions in the current render, to me, look like it has a 15rd or so magazine, like this: https://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368274
Though the render seems to be a work in progress, hopefully with a magazine release to come.

Upvote 0
Those are some great lookin guns! Keep up the awesome work TW :)

A few ideas to throw into the hat for Halloween Zeds:
  • Trick-or-Treater Cyst
  • Bed-sheet Ghost Cyst
  • A skeleton Gorefast or just any skeleton (skeletons are just cool)
  • Witch Siren
  • Spider Crawler
  • Werewolf Slasher
  • Vampire Clot (anything that grabs, Hans could be Count Dracula as well)

Upvote 0
007_lord1;n2322757 said:
There already is 3 perk weapon, the single spitfire its a Firebug, Gunslinger, and Sharpshooter weapon, but the sharpshooter tactical reload has been broken for so long (and probably other things) and I don't think it be worth using even if it did work.

Oh yeah. I always forget that Sharpshooter gets the spitfire and 1858. Well it would still be cool for the 501 to be 3 perk!

About the T4 MKB - while this wasn't a concern of mine initially, now that people have brought it up it would make more sense from a progression standpoint if the gun was T2. I won't complain either way though! More Commando weapons are always welcome.

Upvote 0
Wow.
FN FAL.
SCAR-H.
HM-401.
Stoner 63A.
Mkb.42.

Count em - FIVE T4s. I suspected that a 2nd Commando weapon might be coming as we were sort of due for one independent of the vote anyways, but I expected one of them to be T5 (turns out that's the Medic gun, maybe?). Hmm. Regardless, I'm not really disappointed. This might be a good thing, actually. Perhaps Commandos should count themselves lucky that all their newest options are as high powered as it gets. This helps ensure that the new guns hit the scene where they'll be appreciated the most - until the end.

I'm not too certain that more T2 weapons are needed. Maybe its just me, but it seems almost like a bit of a waste on resources to develop weapons that might get some use, but won't stick around for the boss. More T3s? Sure. Plenty of T3s stick it out throughout the round, and have good lasting power. Still, I admit that the Mkb.42 feels a bit more T3. I won't say no to it being T4 strength, but it might be a stretch. Firing the 7.92×33mm Kurz round, it was a new round specially developed for the WW2 hopeful. It was considered a middle ground between the 9x19 Parabellum pistol rounds we all know, and the full strength of their 7.92×57mm Mauser rounds -a rifle bullet slightly bigger than the .308 Winchester- used extensively in the likes of the Karabiner 98k & the MG 42.

So, it feels more likely that it might compete with the 5.45x39 used by the AK12, making a sensible fit into T3. However, if it were, say, a special version refitted to fire the full Mauser rounds, that could be an easy explanation as to why they're T4. Think about it - custom receiver & barrel forged to withstand the higher pressure of the Mauser bullet without anything new to compensate the newfound high recoil such a combo would bring? Seems outright silly, unless one considers that the gun scanned to bring us this wild thing came directly from Volter - a mad scientist who runs around in an exoskeleton that gives him the strength to dual wield two of these and burst fire them with considerable accuracy and control. Suddenly, all becomes clear. What was easily handled by Hans might not be so for us. We'll see what comes of this.

The FN FAL is the big shocker for me. So, it IS SS Crossperk. I really didn't think it would happen. But does this mean that its truly Semi-auto only, or full auto capable? Because that scope....4x? Its basically the ACOG still. Is this the same magnification as the M14? Because if the sight shakes the same, that's gonna be a major pain to full auto. I assume it'll be select fire. SS will probably need it - they can't mitigate the recoil like Commando can. 35% by SS vs 50% by Commando, and most SS probably don't take the -10% recoil perk, so its more like 25%. This makes me wish for adjustable zoom on the scopes. Having the option to zoom out for rapid fire could make a world of difference and balance.

While the new Medic Rifle doesn't move me quite as much as the other two, maybe that's just because we're not certain of the details around it. Awesome to see that it's crossperk again, but for whom? Commando/Medic? My first thought was that someone Horzine'd the heck out the M16 M203, which made me think Demo until I heard about the underbarrel firing healing grenades, so maybe not so boom boom. I admit, this doesn't just look futuristic, but not -too- futuristic. Its like its design is steeped in reality, just enough that I really really REALLY wanna see something that badass looking become reality, and that it SEEMS possible to do with the right tech of today. I can't really say what I make of it beyond that, so I'll wait for gameplay footage of it, but its absolutely the most impressive looking, stylewise. Whomever's designing these might have an interesting future in weapons design.

Last edited:
Reactions: imnrk
Upvote 0
DAAAMN, that FAL is looking CRISP! Forget everything I said about the gun... I totally want to get my ugly hands on it. And a sharpshooter cross-perk as well? I'm more than glad about that... Finally, we're getting an alternative to the tried-and-tested M14. I just hope it will be more than a SCAR with a quicker fire rate this time around! Actually... It would be great for it to hit HARD (semi-auto only maybe?)

Damn glad about that new medic rifle, he certainly needed and deserved a new toy in his arsenal. I'm also quite happy that you changed the look of the gun a bit... His four-part weaponry was a nice touch, but it became a sight for sore eyes after a while. I wonder if it will be a T5? That would be great. Also also : will it be a cross-perk too? If so, that update is definitely a COMMANDO ZONE.

YEEEEEES, the comeback of the MKB-42! Such an iconic gun couldn't just stay dead and I'm damn glad to see it back. A bit bummed to see it as a T4 though... We got way too many high-tier weapons in the last couple of updates. We need some more options in the first waves too! Even more so since the weapon was a T2.5 in the first game... Also, having that extra bayonet would have been a great plus.

I dig the "C" look for the Cyst the most... Reminds me of Vic Rattlehead of Megadeth's fame.

And damn, that Scrake looks great as well. I'm damn glad we're finally getting a new event after all those years... And with such great looking skins nonetheless.

(Now we're only missing an event for the spring period ~~~~ )

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2322799 said:
DAAAMN, that FAL is looking CRISP! Forget everything I said about the gun... I totally want to get my ugly hands on it. And a sharpshooter cross-perk as well? I'm more than glad about that... Finally, we're getting an alternative to the tried-and-tested M14. I just hope it will be more than a SCAR with a quicker fire rate this time around! Actually... It would be great for it to hit HARD (semi-auto only maybe?)

Damn glad about that new medic rifle, he certainly needed and deserved a new toy in his arsenal. I'm also quite happy that you changed the look of the gun a bit... His four-part weaponry was a nice touch, but it became a sight for sore eyes after a while. I wonder if it will be a T5? That would be great. Also also : will it be a cross-perk too? If so, that update is definitely a COMMANDO ZONE.

YEEEEEES, the comeback of the MKB-42! Such an iconic gun couldn't just stay dead and I'm damn glad to see it back. A bit bummed to see it as a T4 though... We got way too many high-tier weapons in the last couple of updates. We need some more options in the first waves too! Even more so since the weapon was a T2.5 in the first game... Also, having that extra bayonet would have been a great plus.

I dig the "C" look for the Cyst the most... Reminds me of Vic Rattlehead of Megadeth's fame.

And damn, that Scrake looks great as well. I'm damn glad we're finally getting a new event after all those years... And with such great looking skins nonetheless.

(Now we're only missing an event for the spring period ~~~~ )

I had to look over the news a couple times before to tell, but yes, the new Medic Rifle is T5 and Crossperk. Even though it doesn't blatantly say its crossperk with Commando, it looks like it's safe to assume. I also assume that since it fires medic grenades and not darts, the healing charges will be limited and not regenerative. Could be wrong though, but if I am, expect that regen rate to be rather slow.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
I like Cyst B for serious reasons, but Cyst C is better for comical reasons due to the VR headset. Without knowing the theme for the event it's hard to tell which would be the right choice- depends on how campy things are going.

The Scrake reminds me of Grease. Maybe the Halloween event is going to be 50's or 80's futurism themed?

Upvote 0
pie1055;n2322823 said:
I like Cyst B for serious reasons, but Cyst C is better for comical reasons due to the VR headset. Without knowing the theme for the event it's hard to tell which would be the right choice- depends on how campy things are going.

The Scrake reminds me of Grease. Maybe the Halloween event is going to be 50's or 80's futurism themed?

I think A, B and C should all appear, I mean.. The Alpha Clot clowns came in multiple colours so why not have multiple Halloween Cyst zombie variations? xD

Reactions: thegeneralpoop
Upvote 0
Servalion;n2322779 said:
So, it feels more likely that it might compete with the 5.45x39 used by the AK12, making a sensible fit into T3. However, if it were, say, a special version refitted to fire the full Mauser rounds, that could be an easy explanation as to why they're T4. Think about it - custom receiver & barrel forged to withstand the higher pressure of the Mauser bullet without anything new to compensate the newfound high recoil such a combo would bring? Seems outright silly, unless one considers that the gun scanned to bring us this wild thing came directly from Volter - a mad scientist who runs around in an exoskeleton that gives him the strength to dual wield two of these and burst fire them with considerable accuracy and control. Suddenly, all becomes clear. What was easily handled by Hans might not be so for us. We'll see what comes of this.

The FN FAL is the big shocker for me. So, it IS SS Crossperk. I really didn't think it would happen. But does this mean that its truly Semi-auto only, or full auto capable? Because that scope....4x? Its basically the ACOG still. Is this the same magnification as the M14? Because if the sight shakes the same, that's gonna be a major pain to full auto. I assume it'll be select fire. SS will probably need it - they can't mitigate the recoil like Commando can. 35% by SS vs 50% by Commando, and most SS probably don't take the -10% recoil perk, so its more like 25%. This makes me wish for adjustable zoom on the scopes. Having the option to zoom out for rapid fire could make a world of difference and balance.
Right, mkb shouldn't be T4, it should be T3 with AK(maybe with slightly less damage but more controllability or the other way around).

And the FAL scope just sucks; if they wanted archaic battle rifle then the only SUITable sight is the one made for it.

Upvote 0
Vapid;n2322833 said:
Is it just me who doesn't like weapons being cross-perk?

Propably yes, but it's nothing bad weapon being crossperk, but i think other perks should get new weapons because after this update commando will heave 10 weapons in his arsenal. SWAT, Gunslinger need some love and maybe some cool range weapon for Berserk, harpoon launcher or polearm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
infntnub;n2322841 said:
Will the medic nade launcher inventory be independent of the 5 standard nades? I assume yes, but this then leads me to ask how many nades should we expect to see available? Something in the neighborhood of 10-12 I'm guessing.

This weapon looks very intriguing.

There's a few options:

1. You buy nades like for m203 and and you can propably heave max 5 or 10 in the same time and also you can use healing darts.
2. You cannot use darts but granades will slowly regenerate after few seconds.
3. You can use both darts and granades and both of them will regenerate.

Upvote 0