• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WW1 SP mod

Because MP makes it anarchy.

When you play MP, everybody just do what they individually finds right. This means that, you cannot reproduce WW1 by MP.

In WW1 everybody stood in their trenches until they got commands. And then everybody at the same time moved up.

You cant make that in MP. People dont want to obey orders.

Upvote 0
dktekno said:
Because MP makes it anarchy.

When you play MP, everybody just do what they individually finds right. This means that, you cannot reproduce WW1 by MP.

In WW1 everybody stood in their trenches until they got commands. And then everybody at the same time moved up.

You cant make that in MP. People dont want to obey orders.
Doesn't matter to me... :D

Just make it FFS!

Upvote 0
Hes right, this the 21st century, mp is where its at. Even though you would ensure realistic playstyles with sp you wouldnt have the dynamic battles mp offers. Scripted events are boring and take you right out of the immersion. Unless you are a master coder the AI is going to suck, and even if you are, it will probably still suck.

Upvote 0
SP is like a story. It is not ment to be played over and over again. Like a book isnt ment to be read again.

I bought Call of Duty because of its story. It is an interactive book.
This is what it should be.

SP is a story. Not a game. SP should not be practise like in Red Orchestra. SP should not be anything, but a book. And if you consider SP to be a book, it is a good book.

Upvote 0
dktekno said:
SP is like a story. It is not ment to be played over and over again. Like a book isnt ment to be read again.

I bought Call of Duty because of its story. It is an interactive book.
This is what it should be.

SP is a story. Not a game. SP should not be practise like in Red Orchestra. SP should not be anything, but a book. And if you consider SP to be a book, it is a good book.
yeah, but how are you going to write that book. If you know how to code for a sp map for ro. PLEASE tell me (i want to make a sp map for this game, too).

Upvote 0
I read books over again thank you very much. And one of the reasons I found COD 1 and 2 so dissapointing were their repeativeness.

Games like Operation Flashpoint are better as they employ rich story and scripted missions with large open-ended environments and tactically-intelligent squad based AI.

SP can take many different forms and it's sad that so many war games go for the adventure-on-rails technique.

Upvote 0
You could do WW1 MP, but you'll need to coordinate the players... why not make computer controlled commanders? They basicly stay at the trenches and gives commands like "Hold Position", "Take cover" most of the time, but at the point where enough soldiers gathered in the trenches they shout "Engage the enemy!", "Go" and so on.
If a soldier wants to attack on his own, he'll surely be mowed down by the enemys since the fire concentrates on him, so he will probably prefer waiting for the next "wave".
If people do well in an attacking wave they can gather more quickly for the next wave and advance faster.

This is just a rough idea, but making coordination forced by similiar to this could work out.

Upvote 0