• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Worst map?

Worst map?

• Total voters
Lets agree to Disagree here.
I do not enjoy any of the big red orchestra combined Arms maps.
Phosphatplant for RS is not bad though and bridges as the winning side is good. On the loosing team its just miserable though.

But agree with me here, maps are simply too short (time wise) to have a decent game on huge maps such as barashka!

Upvote 0
depends what you mean by decent game. You want more time to sit in your tank firing at the other side of the river bank? I don't think the bridge could keep my interest for 120 minutes

Is this PsychoPigeon who made Streets and Fallen Fighters 1942????

If you are. You made the BEST 2 maps for RO2 so far! I have been setting Clan Wars TE on Custom Maps and we have played 2 this month on Zhitomir and next up............. Fallen Fighters 1942 vs MERC.. I can't wait 12v12 or so on the Best map in RO.. Thx for your work man!!!

Upvote 0
Though not sure if the current crop of RO2 players would have the attention span. Maybe the game has moved on to far for my taste.

Oh I don't know, people hang about for two rounds of bridges and two rounds of Mykoshva River; that's like 90 minutes of the same map! (and some sadistic goits voted bridges twice in a row...)

Upvote 0
My main problem with Bridges is that the map's disappearing cover and the fact that some buildings are simply not open to defend it. It's so boring to exactly know where the enemy can come from and simply see them through the distant deleted vegetation. The first rounds I always wondered why I could be see as I hid myself in the grass and bushes. Having played the map more I noticed that the only vegetation left are the trees when you go prone on the other side of the river.
Next is that unrealistic thing of running through the river. It's winter and you run through the cold water at waist or chest level, good luck surviving the icy wind and temperatures.

Upvote 0
Most custom maps that are too large and full of cookie-cutter prefab houses tend to test my patience. Bridges veers into that territory, at least once the Soviets get their asses in gear.

I agree about the grass disappearing at a certain distance or LOD level. It completely defeats the point of concealment and ruins the whole thrill of woodland fighting.

Upvote 0
My main problem with Bridges is that the map's disappearing cover and the fact that some buildings are simply not open to defend it. It's so boring to exactly know where the enemy can come from and simply see them through the distant deleted vegetation. The first rounds I always wondered why I could be see as I hid myself in the grass and bushes. Having played the map more I noticed that the only vegetation left are the trees when you go prone on the other side of the river.
Next is that unrealistic thing of running through the river. It's winter and you run through the cold water at waist or chest level, good luck surviving the icy wind and temperatures.
Well this and ini hacking ;)
Some players dont see grass. Never. But I agree the whole wood part is the big problem of bridges,

Upvote 0