• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Working Script] Hold-binds for aiming, crouching, and proning without editing .ini.

DesiQ

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 5, 2011
Australia
www.desiquintans.com
A lot of people have been requesting this for a long time, and I only now had some free time to do it. This Readme can also be accessed on my site, but I put it here in full for completeness. This is also cross-posted to the RO2 Steam Forum.

Download Better Binds for Red Orchestra 2
Don't forget to read the readme on the Steam Forum!

What is it?
This Autohotkey script replaces the toggle-aim, toggle-crouch, and toggle-prone controls for RO2 with hold-to activate binds like you'd find in other games. It also adds spot-while-firing (automatically spot a guy for your team while you lean on the Fire button). This requires no editing of game files.

Features

• Doesn't mess up your typing outside RO2, so you can still IM and surf the web.
  • Adds hold-to-aim.
  • Adds hold-to-crouch.
  • Adds hold-to-prone.
  • Allows melee to interrupt reload.
  • Adds spot-while-firing.
It's incredibly difficult to maintain four full readme documents, so please visit the Better Binds thread on the Steam Forum for up-to-date changelog and instructions.

Last edited:
It's good: thanks for the work.

Especially the 'recommended' version is useful, but both 'c' and ADS can become confused very easily. What I mean is that you'll suddenly find that ADS is default, and you have to press RMB to get out of ADS. Sprinting usually fixes this.

Would be awesome if you could fix this. I'll probably use it for a while, even with this issue.

Upvote 0
i would really like if twi would implement these basic control options in a future patch so we dont have to use these sort of tools to accomplish basic control options.

devs, any word on this at "the shop"?
Yeah, I look forward to the day when this script becomes redundant. This stuff (especially melee interrupting reloading) should have been added not just in public Beta, but in closed Beta.

It's good: thanks for the work.

Especially the 'recommended' version is useful, but both 'c' and ADS can become confused very easily. What I mean is that you'll suddenly find that ADS is default, and you have to press RMB to get out of ADS. Sprinting usually fixes this.

Would be awesome if you could fix this. I'll probably use it for a while, even with this issue.
Hmmm, I've never had that issue and I tested crouch-aiming several times. What exactly is it you do to make it happen? I did notice it can break during transition when you sling and unsling your weapon (like leaving a firing station in Training, or probably when mantling).

Upvote 0
Can you please tell me what is:
Adds spot-while-firing (EDIT ok I got that one.)

and how can I make melee interupt reload without using this script??
Because thats the only feature I would like to use
Thanx in advance!:rolleyes:
Here you go! I removed all the other features and kept reload interruption. I'll include such an executable in the next version also.

http://www.filesonic.com/file/2129193704/RO2_Better_Binds_(Reload_Interruption_Only).exe

Otherwise if you don't want to run a script at all, you can interrupt melee by sprinting at the enemy and mashing altfire wildly.

Note that while altfiring from an MG using this script, the shot will be delayed by 150ms. This is a sad consequence of the game using the same bloody key for everything. I could circumvent it by getting the script to keep track of how many times you've pressed Right Mouse, but previous experience shows that this kind of switching tends to stuff up a lot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here you go! I removed all the other features and kept reload interruption. I'll include such an executable in the next version also.

http://www.filesonic.com/file/2129193704/RO2_Better_Binds_(Reload_Interruption_Only).exe

Otherwise if you don't want to run a script at all, you can interrupt melee by sprinting at the enemy and mashing altfire wildly.

Note that while altfiring from an MG using this script, the shot will be delayed by 150ms. This is a sad consequence of the game using the same bloody key for everything. I could circumvent it by getting the script to keep track of how many times you've pressed Right Mouse, but previous experience shows that this kind of switching tends to stuff up a lot.

It works, but all the time it bugs and you are ****ed up..

Upvote 0
Are scripts like this allowed? Can we get an official response? Its just a simple autohotkey script.
I have used similar scripts in BFBC2 which was also a PB-enabled game. It should also be fine in VAC, since I've always played games with some kind of Autohotkey script running in the background (stuff like autoswitching audio sources, window management, virtual desktops, etc). Since this script doesn't draw anything to the screen and only deals with keybinds, I don't see how it will be a problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WuT?
The shot of the MG delayed or the melee delayed?
Please explain! :confused:

And thumbs up for the reload sequence interrupt only script! :cool:

Upvote 0

WuT?
The shot of the MG delayed or the melee delayed?
Please explain! :confused:

I thought I did? :p While altfiring from an MG using this script, the shot will be delayed by 150ms. It means that between pressing the button and the MG firing one round, there will be a delay of 150ms.

And yuh, I shall work on a Tactical overlay toggle.

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot for this script. But how can i enable only this features:hold-to-aim and melee interrupt?
Right now you have to make a simple change to the included .ahk script (instructions are inside), and then install Autohotkey to run it. But I'm working on a GUI right now for the next version so that players can change them at will.

Upvote 0