• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Windows Vista

I laughed at the blue screen on Episode 3. Macs don't crash? C'mon. When OS X crashes, it crashes HARD. *me looks at the iMac G4 sitting dead on the desk* Because it's dead, all of this is pretty much useless (minus the guitars). I can't record a damn thing.

And that Mac Switch Parody SemperFi-Jenova posted is all too familiar to me. Oh, how many times I've had to yank the f***ing plug out.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy into all this "but Mac OS X is the BEST!" stuff from a company that took 20 years to realize the human hand has more than one finger.

The irony is, I'll probably buy another Mac. They really are the best for music production. *shrugs*

Upvote 0
-SemperFi-Jenova said:
HAHAHAHA! LOL Holy Snikes! That was funny thanks sir. A friend of mine has a mac and asked me while I was over if I could help him recover some pictures that somehow got deleted. I tried everything that I could (such as file associations) and logical "where are the files" type tactics, but I ended up telling him sorry "you're f..ked" ...oh well.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have an undying hate for all things apple. They remind me of Nintendo, but I like Nintendo. I don't own a mac, but I gotta work with them at school, bleh. Nothing but a fashion trend.

iPods are in no way an exception.

This past week, my Japanese host family from last summer got me an iPod 1gb shuffle for my birthday. The day I recieved it, is the day it decided to just stop working. Apparently a wide spread problem. If they can't create a reliable machine such as this, why should I trust their Macs?

After days of calling apple, and finally a 2 hour session on the phone with 6 different tech support people today, everything is sorted out, and they will be sending a replacement. I am really thinking of just selling it and getting something reliable.

Upvote 0
SgtH3nry3 said:
How in hell do you want to make a Macintosh compatible to IBM compatible PC's (Windows. Linux, etc) equipment to rivalize it without VGA, USB, IDE and PCI?

I don't understand what's being said here.

Macs have had IDE, PCI, USB, and VGA for a long time. They were one of the first on the block with Firewire. The new ones come with multiple PCI-Express slots.

Upvote 0