• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Windows 7 Text Issue

therajuncajun

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Rig info is as follows:

Gigabyte Poseidon ATX Chassis
Xclio X14 ATX12v Modular 750W Power Supply
MSI-7388 K9A2 Neo-F Gaming Motherboard
AMD Phenom II x4 Black Edition Deneb 3.0 Ghz
8GB DDR2 800mhz RAM
Western Digital 640GB SATA 32MB Cache 7200RPM
XFX Radeon HD5850 1GB GDDR5 256-bit
Microsoft Habu Razor 2000dpi 1000mhz Precision Mouse
Razor Lycosa Gaming Keyboard
24" LG 1080p Monitor (1920x1200 Resolution) 2ms refresh
Plantronics Gamecomm HD 7.1 Innersurround Headset
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

I can run any game just fine no problem, but Killing Floor is giving me a serious issue. Upon changing the graphics quality from anything below High to High or Higher, all of the text becomes invisible. I cannot see or navigate the menus or see any text ingame. Yes my drivers are all working properly, no I will not update them as this is the only stable HD5850 driver available. The game worked just fine prior to upgrading my rig to Windows 7 on the same exact video driver.

I've isolated the issue. It happens whenever I set antialiasing to ANYTHING other than None. ...What's the deal with that? I have to set my CCC to allow program to set the antialiasing or else my Source engine games won't run properly, and I cant set KF to do its own antialiasing or else I cannot see any text.

Last edited:
I'm just doing a workaround for now, the guys on that forum are idiots to say that Antialiasing doesn't make it look any better. The jagged edges are disgusting, no reason to have them when playing with an expensive card. I just run no AA while in the menus, then switch the AA on once I get in a server and it works just fine. I can just turn the AA off before leaving the game and menus will be fine next loadup again.

EDIT: Fixed permanently. I just went into the CCC and changed the AA mode to Super Anti-Aliasing instead of Adaptive and now it works just fine. I don't think this will take any negative affects on my Source engine games as it was just the AA and AF settings that made them go bonkers and drop to like 20 fps, normally over 190.

Last edited:
Upvote 0