• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will we ever get levels higher than 25?

The_Pharoah

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 30, 2011
Getting to Level 25 is a small grind but still doable. Once you get there though, there's really nothing to keep you interested other than leveling up other perks. Is it possible to inc the levels to say 35 or 50? Maybe add new perks in between the last and Zed Time.

Has this been considered?

So you buy KF2 only for leveling perks ? In my opinion leveling is the worst part. Btw. They should just add prestige system - Your lvl is reseted to 0 but you keep all passive bonuses from lvl 25 and your exp gained is increased by 25% (just my suggesstion). Maybe for next levels of prestige you gain free items etc. and of course you get a gold perk icon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buzzkillinton
Upvote 0
The_Pharoah;n2296956 said:
I bought KF2 to enjoy it, but levelling is a welcome part of gaming nowadays. Gives you some sort of additional 'purpose' (for want of a better title). There would be players with level 50 by now which you wouldn't know about.

my wish would be to focus more on fun achievements. perhaps ones to unlock specific clothing for their class, or skins..

balancing a bunch of more skills would be a nightmare and would tip the game balance too far.

Upvote 0
If additional levels make players more powerful then the existing difficulties become easier. Due to demand for a challenging difficulty(Lv25 on normal is fun for only so long) they would have to add additional difficulties to match the increase in power players would eventually be attaining. The more difficulties there are the worse the game generally becomes. Imagine trying to find players on a suicidal server when it's one of eight difficulties, or if you should even be playing on that server with level 5, 15, 25, 35, or 50 perks.

If additional levels do not make players more powerful then they're kinda pointless. Prestiging could be neat but at that point you might as well put a player's total time spent in the game next to their name.

Upvote 0
I suffer from a grinding fever and classes I normally loved do not exite me anymore as I've got them to lvl 25, since I feel like there is no rewards left for playing them. I'd welcome a prestige system or some **** that gives new color to your class icon, loot, etc for KF2 but not further increasing power from levels beyond 25 as the current max level makes the game almost too easy for some perks.

Additionally we really need a fecal tonne of new achievements soon. Not map achivements but the normal fun achievements that mad KF1 really fun.

tl;dr Somekind of prestige system without perk power increases and new non-map achievements.

Reactions: Buzzkillinton
Upvote 0
Radio4ctive;n2296926 said:
So you buy KF2 only for leveling perks ? In my opinion leveling is the worst part. Btw. They should just add prestige system - Your lvl is reseted to 0 but you keep all passive bonuses from lvl 25 and your exp gained is increased by 25% (just my suggesstion). Maybe for next levels of prestige you gain free items etc. and of course you get a gold perk icon.

agreed. prestige system would be fine, but no, I hate grinding. I like playing as lvl 25.

Upvote 0
oldmidget;n2296962 said:
my wish would be to focus more on fun achievements. perhaps ones to unlock specific clothing for their class, or skins..

balancing a bunch of more skills would be a nightmare and would tip the game balance too far.

Agreed here. I want more achievements and not just achievements like "beat this map on this difficulty". Lets get achievements like "kill 50 zeds without reloading with the stoner" or something, just like KF1 had. Likewise achievements that would unlock skins and stuff would be a better bonus!

Upvote 0