Will reloads be interruptible?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The DooD

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 3, 2011
So this is the most important question I don't think I've really seen mentioned, I should really search for it but I just wanted to ask.

Will reloads be interruptible? It was a huge mechanic in KF just because it could quite easily get you killed, or if you were a medic it might not allow you to save a teammate.

But on the plus side, it meant that if you were reloading and tried to switch weapons, you would know for sure that the weapon you switched from is definitely reloaded if you ever needed to switch back to it.

But I'm sure most people, especially when they first played Killing Floor, absolutely hated the non-interruptible reloads. It's almost immersion breaking and very annoying to begin with coming from most other games.

TheDR

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 14, 2010
It has been asked before and it received no official reply.

We can assume either they love the fact you can't cancel reloads and don't want to say otherwise or that they don't comment in the Ideas and Suggestions forum (which is possibly just a place for people to vent).

The concept however doesn't appear to fit their crusade of fun, so I'm guessing that it has been removed.

The DooD

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 3, 2011
I agree with what they say in that thread. Auto-reload would have been fine if you could cancel reloads, and not being able to cancel reloads would have been fine if there wasn't auto-reload.

Donatello

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 7, 2014
I'm on your side.
Hate the reload when I had to change weapon and it would just continue the animation. For example, using the flare revolvers when you are not a firebug is a pain in the ***, expecially when zerk kiting.

vealck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 19, 2009
I agree with what they say in that thread. Auto-reload would have been fine if you could cancel reloads, and not being able to cancel reloads would have been fine if there wasn't auto-reload.

I say, there should be an option whether or not you want auto-reload in menu, and the reloading process should always be interruptible.