• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will anyone taking assault class use the MP40 now?

90% of my time ingame is spent as Commander using the MP-40.. I just recently unlocked the MP-40/II. I spent maybe twenty minutes with the MKB until I switched back to the MP-40 (Pre-II).

Here is a heavily resized picture of it if anybody is interested to see what it looks like.
MP-402.jpg

Upvote 0
Mkb is decent, but does have a good kick.

Anyways, there's already too many semi's and auto's in the game compared to regular rifles.

Making the Mkb commander only is the worst idea ever.

The commander should be armed with nothing but a luger or a revolver, as well as a radio. Too many commander-wannabe's running around at frontline with their semi autos, trying to rack up kills rather than call in recon planes and artillery. Giving them unique access to the Mkb = every moron who just wants an autorifle will jump the commander role whenever it's accessible, with zero intentions of actually contributing to the team.

Want fewer Mkb's in the field, then reduce amount of assaults and add elite assault class, just like there is an elite rifleman class.

Problem solved.

Upvote 0
90% of my time ingame is spent as Commander using the MP-40.. I just recently unlocked the MP-40/II. I spent maybe twenty minutes with the MKB until I switched back to the MP-40 (Pre-II).

Here is a heavily resized picture of it if anybody is interested to see what it looks like.
MP-402.jpg

Probably even worse than the MKB debacle.

MP40/II were probably even more rare than the MKB's, yet again, every assault and squad leader gets one. It's bull****.

Upvote 0
And you do. Thew odd one here and there which is true to WW2.

"The odd one here and there?" No. Every other German kill has a pic of an Mkb next to it in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

"Which is true to WW2." No. Maybe true to the Eastern Front in the final year of the war. True to Stalingrad would mean no Mkb(42) at all, and about 1/3 of the MP40 slots currently in game.

Upvote 0
"The odd one here and there?" No. Every other German kill has a pic of an Mkb next to it in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

"Which is true to WW2." No. Maybe true to the Eastern Front in the final year of the war. True to Stalingrad would mean no Mkb(42) at all, and about 1/3 of the MP40 slots currently in game.

Indeed. I often see groups of 6 and more all carrying the MKB , MP40 or G41's.

Not a single bolt action between them.

Upvote 0
The problem is, who is gonna take the bolt action rifle? Those 5-6 unlucky dudes that have a slow connection. I have like 3/4 chances to engage a guy without a bolt action rifle.

I do out of choice. I did alright for myself before the Mkb. At least I could out-snipe the MP40s, but the Mkbs are rifle-accurate (as they should be) and everyone has them. Plus, they can shame my RoF. It sucks.

Upvote 0
I Prefer the Mp40 actually, just like the way it Handles better :D

And Dual Mags are very Helpful ^_^

But seriously, even though the StG44 has more power and range, it's recoil is much higher. And I like sniping with Full auto Lol.

And Yes, I just called the MkB an StG44, because thats what it is. (Look on Wikipedia for the Mk and you'll find the StG44

Upvote 0