• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why no TK autokick in spawn?!?!?

Kong99

Dec 15, 2006
Of the past three game sessions I've played 2 have had a blatant and rampant TK'er in the spawn area just going on and on and on. I would gladly name both but will refrain in case you have some rules against it. Why doesn't RO have some TK rules for this?? It's ridiculous. I would think, today especially, TK rules are including in Version 1 of any MP FPS game. I mean if Player X TK's say 10 team members under 2 minutes then kick with 24 hour ban, pfftt, make it at least a week ban.

Or allow the players to vote someone off for TKing assuming he has TK'ed X number in X number of minutes.

I would also swear that I saw guys get kicked off the server for TK's, for artillery strikes I believe, which IMO firing arty at these ranges you're gonna have FF, but yet this rampant TK'er in the spawn was not kicked?!?!

I would also swear that I saw guys get kicked off the server for TK's, for artillery strikes I believe, which IMO firing arty at these ranges you're gonna have FF, but yet this rampant TK'er in the spawn was not kicked?!?!

This is all server specific, servers can set auto kicks or bans based on the number of TK's, and also set how arty is handed. When you select a server in the browser you can see these following settings in the bottom left window.

FFKillLimit tells you how many TK's are allowed before the server takes action. So a setting of 4 means that on the 5th TK you will be punished.

FFPunishment tells you what will happen when someone get's to the limit, Kick or Ban.

FFArtyScale is what tells you how the server will deal with arty, a setting of 0.2 means that the server counts an arty TK as 20% of a real one, so the server will allow a lot more tk's with arty.

Just look at these settings before joining to find a server that deals with TK's in the way you like, or find one with admins on it.

Upvote 0
penalties.

There is a votekick, I am not sure how though.

The votekick is your friend (If you can EVER get enough people to vote).

In game, press ESC, then at bottom right, Game Menu, the Vote kick is partway down the list on the left. Click on the name you wish to vote for, submit, done.

I've never actually seen it work, and it takes a lot of votes from both sides (not sure how many). If more people would use it and learn, it would help get rid of %#$@#! when server admins are not around.

Upvote 0
Should have guessed it was server specific...

Should have guessed it was server specific...

Thanks guys, I should have figured it was server specific. So shame on you Admins for not having TK limits set!!! I have since found a server with Admins and TK rules... in fact saw one of the guys who previously was on a TK rampage on a different server the other day, oddly he was well behaved when there was ramifications for TKing... huh, guess it works!!

Upvote 0