• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Why I most likely will never play Killing Floor again.

SkullFinder123

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 26, 2012
Sevierville, TN
I love Killing Floor. It will always be one of my favorite games. I just hate how buggy it is, how the developers rarely if ever respond to any posts on their forum, and how Mac users like me never get any notice when we complain about not being able to use their DLC when we paid for it. I just noticed recently that I got another bug that prevents me from leveling up. My perks no longer save their info so I'm stuck at the levels I'm currently at.

I wasn't aware of this issue, but I did had something weird happen to me: I was at 3.4 M damage at Demo, and needed to get to 3.5 to achieve Lvl 5... which I managed in a particularly explosive game at the new map.... so happy and all I managed, but after disconnecting from the server and checking my stats... back to Lvl 4. No idea what happened, server/map was whitelisted AFAIK and only mutator was kill indicators (+1 Halloween Clot)
So... yeah annoying. It seems like I'm still leveling up other perks as usual though, but I'll take a look in case there's something fishy going on.
Back on topic, I do feel kind of disappointed about this update, as many other Mac users (and even PC) out there. I was one of the first to fully support TW's decision to release this DLC as a $$ option, so after actually getting it just to realize I can't use it... really feels sad, man. Y'know, and having to bounce between Steam-Tripwire to find a fix, each other saying it's not their issue... I know Mac is not a tier 1 platform, I know we must be like 10% of the community, even less... but I do remember the fact that the game sold many, MANY copies the day it was announced to go SteamPlay, went back to the top of the sales chart... and platform aside, we are still customers asking for a proper service. Red Orchestra was never ported to OSX and I can cope with that, 'cause Killing Floor is such a great game and had received such great support from the developers, along with great content and love from the community.
That's why I can't stop playing it just like that, this whole issue pisses me off, indeed, but I know, or at least hope, Tripwire will sort this out and make it up for all of us, 'cause they had done it before. I just hope the fact that it's MacOSX doesn't become an issue for getting some speed in all this.
SkullFinder123, I'm just as disappointed as you by many things, but my point is, don't become a hater. After all, if we stop playing the game, were will be the Mac players? What will be the motivation for Tripwire or other developers to keep releasing SteamPlay-able games?
Anyway, two cents and a letter, just be happy bro :)

Upvote 0