• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Whitelisted weapons integration?

guyguyga

Dec 21, 2013
Hell Yeah!!!

But, there is a problem with a second Lever Action, because we already have one. Maybe a higher caliber with less ammo capacity, more damage, and slower firing rate?

nd2spd already said it, but I own the gun the Hunting Rifle was modeled after, and feel the need to say it is most definitely a bolt-action. :p

I'd love to see these added into the game. It might need some balancing, but the Hunting Rifle has a 5-round magazine whereas the LAR hold 10-rounds. You're trading the extra ammo in the LAR for a scope and more frequent reloads, basically.

I don't think this is the first time this has been suggested though.

Upvote 0
Spartan did you just call Hunting Rifle a lever action (which it isn't btw, bolt-action) and then describe it's 'stats in a nutshell' thinking that it's not already like that?

I played one in a server that had it, and i was pretty much a re-skinned Lever Action Rifle.

There is of course the Hunting Rifle that has a black stock and a scope and looks like the Winchester 700, but this is not White-Listed as far as i know.

Upvote 0
I think perhaps you got Hunting Rifle mixed up with the Steampunk Lee-Enfield rifle?!? That is an official part of the game and is pretty much a reskin of the LAR. It's in the Steampunk DLC weapon pack.

There's only a couple of versions of the Hunting Rifle available atm and the visuals of the rifle have remained almost exactly the same during development, like a Remington Model 700.
The normal version (non-IJC) is whitelisted but the mutator doesn't work anymore. Meaning that the only way to get it in the trader is to use a mutator that isn't whitelisted.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Then make it light and cheap, and give it as much damage per shot as the Hunting Shotgun, but with wider spread, so that it will be effective at point blanc.

If this is too much, make it fire 7 pellets with 35 damage per pellet, same as most of the shotguns.

Slow reload and wide spread will balance the light weight and low price, and it will be a good Beginner/Normal weapon for new people, and a good back-up weapon for more experienced players or off-perk.

Upvote 0
Then make it light and cheap, and give it as much damage per shot as the Hunting Shotgun, but with wider spread, so that it will be effective at point blanc.

This seems like a bit too much power for the Moss12.

If this is too much, make it fire 7 pellets with 35 damage per pellet, same as most of the shotguns.

We did some extensive balance testing on the Moss12 on my server, and I think this is close to what we eventually settled on. I'll see if I can find out the exact changes we made, because they worked really well and made the weapon viable again.

Upvote 0