• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which Would You Prefer?

I'm not all for a direct sequel as it usually results in the abandonment of a lot of content, but I would like to see some kind of overhaul to the current game released seperately.

Like, a mixture of porting, creating new stuff, and re-writing/editing.

As I see it, sequels are supposed to introduce new concepts and of course shed off some of it's old skin. I wouldn't say, stop updating the first Killing Floor just to work on a sequel.

I play the first Killer Instinct more than the sequel, but I like both of them because of some of the big differences. Even though they have alike gameplay, each game has different qualities that make them playable for me. If they just kept updating the first Killer Instinct, then there would be a lot of old things thrown out, new things incorporated, and some things would just be too quirky. But, they solved that issue, they made a sequel!

Upvote 0
A proper sequel. The engine KF is running on is getting old. New game modes. Customizable characters. New play mechanics. New zed types. Changes in the Original KF causes too much grief. KF2 could stand on its own merits and not be bogged down by past expectations.

A sequel isn't a popular opinion here for some reason, but I agree with this. There are so many great ideas and mechanics that simply can't properly be executed in the current engine. Events and new content are both awesome but I think a KF2 has a lot more potential.

Of course if KF2 was announced people on the forum would pitch a fit, but hey.

Upvote 0
A sequel isn't a popular opinion here for some reason, but I agree with this. There are so many great ideas and mechanics that simply can't properly be executed in the current engine. Events and new content are both awesome but I think a KF2 has a lot more potential.

Of course if KF2 was announced people on the forum would pitch a fit, but hey.

I really wouldn't mind the moving on, seriously, my only gripe is the potential abandonment of a lot of KF1's content.

Upvote 0
I really wouldn't mind the moving on, seriously, my only gripe is the potential abandonment of a lot of KF1's content.

It is true, that tweaking a game such as Killing Floor takes a lot of time, and testing. Even after all the testing, there are still issues yet to be fixed. Imagine all those games that never got fixed, or changed, and just became what they were. A lot of people would agree that games should stay like that, but with our technology these days we can update, fix, and add new content to our games, which Tripwire has done.

Tripwire, at least on the forums, is very observant to their player's wants and needs. Covering EVERYTHING, is just not in question. Balancing EVERYTHING is not possible either. But, they have provided a game that most of us have found playable, and they have drawn us into these forums to "assist" with what we think should happen. If they never created a forum, then I'd say Tripwire wouldn't care at all what we think.

Killing Floor will never cease to be played. Like Resident Evil 1, Mortal Kombat 1, Killer Instinct 1, Blood 1, and even DOOM 1, they were the building blocks to a bigger, more haunting future experience. Yes, some sequels were not so good, and some blew past our expectations, but the developers of each game finally broke loose from their original awesome creation and developed a newer version of their game that truly satisfied the masses.

Whether you like Killing Floor where it is now, or 3 years ago, you know you would buy Killing Floor 2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just focus on the bugs and improvements. TWI is a small company and working on a sequel will make it ever harder for them to balance, plus like Gibby said, there's a high chance of abandonment once the next game is out. There are still things that need to be done like balance of weapons, perks, and bugs for weapons and maps that need fixing, so they still have a fair amount of work left, but as for a sequel, no.

Upvote 0