• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Which Mod Maps had Usable Mortars and Parachuting

I don't know of any that had a usable mortar...

For Parachuting, SaveTheJet's map RO-IronAnnie for the mod.. it had a parachute in the sense if anyone fell from X distance, it would deploy a parachute.. combined with a spawn location high-in-the-sky, you have instant- paratroopers..

I believe there were several issues with the parachuting however.. it was basically a mutator so it would also effect all maps on the server the same way.

Upvote 0
Tali-Ihantala (prob spelled that wrong) had usable mortars, and honestly, to me, it was one of the coolest things in the mod. Oh how I long for usable mortars. They were static, which is fine, they had a little box behind them that would allow you to pick up one shell every few seconds, and then you could launch 'em into the battlefield! The impact was that of a single arty hit.

This was one of the neatest things in the mod to me, and I would be the first in line for any sort of petition or ass-kissing needed to make this happen for Ostfront.

Tripwire mappers... I'm sure a map is being worked on somewhere.. please, oh please include an area that either armor and/or infantry has to travel through that would be in the line of fire of some static mortars. Make the reload timing as such that its possible to make it through the area, but you need to time it right. It could be very very cool.

Mortar meshes (I guess they are called meshes, I dont know) are already in game.. and surely if it can be done in the mod, it can be done here. Por Favorrr!

eusapray8kw.gif

Upvote 0
REZ said:
Tali-Ihantala (prob spelled that wrong) had usable mortars, and honestly, to me, it was one of the coolest things in the mod. Oh how I long for usable mortars. They were static, which is fine, they had a little box behind them that would allow you to pick up one shell every few seconds, and then you could launch 'em into the battlefield! The impact was that of a single arty hit.

This was one of the neatest things in the mod to me, and I would be the first in line for any sort of petition or ass-kissing needed to make this happen for Ostfront.

Tripwire mappers... I'm sure a map is being worked on somewhere.. please, oh please include an area that either armor and/or infantry has to travel through that would be in the line of fire of some static mortars. Make the reload timing as such that its possible to make it through the area, but you need to time it right. It could be very very cool.

Mortar meshes (I guess they are called meshes, I dont know) are already in game.. and surely if it can be done in the mod, it can be done here. Por Favorrr!

eusapray8kw.gif

Thanks I will have to look for that map not sure where I would look these days, I have been kicking around the idea of mortars and have experimented with something similar basically a string of sounds emitters and what not all timed. I am still working on it but if I could find an example to replicate it would speed up my timetables alot.

Upvote 0
well I got the IronAnnie Map now I still need the Tali map is it in a map packsomewhere. If you have it please PM me.
As for my idea with parachutes currently I was thinking of invisible elevators with player starts on them surrounded by blocking volumes to almost the ground these would just deposit players at the bottom. But this idea may look extremely cheesy so I am not sure.

Upvote 0
FYI, I took a look at IronAnnie because I was curious about how the chutes worked.

The chutes are in separate files (edo_chute.utx, smx, and .u).
It's coded as an inventory item and is given to each player via the GivenItems
setting in the RORoleInfo objects. (Set to edo_Chute1.edo_ChuteInv)

I don't know if this would work in OST.

Upvote 0