• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where to get killrange >225m?

IamYuri

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 16, 2012
Hello,
there is an achievement for a kill with a boltaction from more than 225m.
The longest range i had was 206m but I cant find a place where I get something higher, for example Spartanovka is from the church to the last to conquer building 180m, this is nearly the whole map (u can see at once).

So could you please tell me where a nice place/distance might be?

Thanks a lot for every hint.

The only time I've gotten >225m in actual play was on the north side of Spartanovka. I was on the Russian side, playing a regular rifleman, prone by the hedgehog way in the back. Several Russians were getting killed by a German sniper, so I took a guess, aimed at the furthest-right section of fence way back past the gullies, and killed the sniper. I've learned to put a few shots there any time Russians are getting killed on the north side and can't tell where it's coming from. Even if you have a scope, a German there is invisible.

Longest shot outside actual play was on the other side of the map when getting screenshots to demonstrate visual ranges. On the south side of the map, we ran to opposite ends of the open field, until we were both pushing against the out-of-bounds area. Shot the other guy to confirm range. 412m. Even with full focus-zoom he was only 7 pixels tall.

Upvote 0
Hello,
there is an achievement for a kill with a boltaction from more than 225m.

So could you please tell me where a nice place/distance might be?

Yosh is right, on Fallen Fighters I got this 238 meters shot here. The player was somewhere by the end of the first Russian cap zone on the other end of the Square (where you see the flaming T-34, not where my iron sights are pointed). This was with a G41, so I would assume you'll have an easier chance to do the same with a Bolt Action Rifle.

Also, since we're on the subject of e-peen - I got a couple of 300 meters plus shots off in Ogledow once.

371 meters

385 meters

Poor Dwight. I usually get 200 meters shots on occasion in a good deal of the maps, both stock and custom. You just need to know where to position yourself and adjust your range and lead to account for the shot. Good luck with the achievement.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the Ogeldow hint.
No joke: I played the map for the first time coming out of the spwanzone on a very little and see something moving in the distance - a german soldier running in a nearly straight line towards me.
First shot - 275m!
Didnt have something close to this range after this but Ogeldow is perfect for this challange.

Upvote 0