• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Where is the code for the suppression effects and other stuff...

gentrinity

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
I just browsed a good 400+ .uc files and could not find anything that sounded like it has to do with the suppression effects. There was one that gave a morale bonus when near a Hero (ROHUDWidgetHeroSuppressionBonusIndicator) and I'm definitely going to be referring to that one cause I am interested in applying that functionality elsewhere.

Maybe PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN or another TWI dev can help out? I'm interested in playing with the system.

Also, changing the weapon loadouts seems to be a lot more complicated than it was in Darkest Hour, can I get a brief description of how it's done please.

I would really appreciate help with these things, I know you guys are busy, but yeah, thanks a lot.

Can you explain more of what you mean by "supporession effects"? Maybe I just haven't played the game enough yet, but I have no idea what you are referring to.

Anyway, usually when I have no idea where to start, I find the best way to get going is to think of a couple keywords that could relate to the system I am looking for, and use an application that can search for text in folders, and look through the results for anything good. I generally use WOTGreal for it, but there are many other ways to do it if you don't like that IDE.

Upvote 0
By suppression effects, I mean how the game handles certain post-processing effects that happen when someone shoots in the general direction of a soldier. When suppressed, this game has several post processing effects;

- color desturation
- A white shadow that shows where the bullet came from
- Your weapon twitches/snaps (gets knocked off it's current sights for about 5 pixels)
- Some sort of double vision distortion

I may need to install WOTGreal or anything else that would let me search through the .uc files.

Upvote 0