• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where are the rest of my team?!

A big problem I have noticed with this game is the way the troops disperse across the whole map. I don't think the free roaming style of the maps should be changed otherwise that would be even worse :p
This problem could be solved if people could either:
i)spawn closer to the action once positions are captured or have a selection of places to spawn (like Battlefield) to the action
ii)use a gruppenfuhrer/Officer as a spawnpoint
iii)be able to see where your troops are

I think it is important that something is done to discourage troops from going to all 4 corners of the map because at the moment it makes me feel so sick that I want to vomit down my shirt and not wipe it off for 3 days. :(

Michael Wittmann+ said:
So the dispersal is just fine you think?
Or would you like to see groups of 3-4 infantry charging in together and small groups of soldiers crouching behind walls and defending the same position?
Which one?

Well i usually see Groups of Infantry operating on most Maps, except Big Tank Maps, but even there i usually play (nearly always) in a Buddy Team or more.

Upvote 0
Michael Wittmann+ said:
So the dispersal is just fine you think?
Or would you like to see groups of 3-4 infantry charging in together and small groups of soldiers crouching behind walls and defending the same position?
Which one?

I already do see the latter. Never had a problem with "dispersal" unless my entire time is a bunch of newbs who have no clue what the mini-map is or where to go.

Upvote 0
I did kind of like the teamplay involved with spawning on an officer.
In my experience a squad begins to act like a "real" squad and sticks together far more then now in RO.
The gameplay is totally different, but it has it's advantages.
I wouldn't mind such an experiment (apart from the technical difficulties).

Monk.

Upvote 0
But rather than having people spawn randomly in the field at the commanders, I'd like to see improved spawntimes, so people would spawn in larger groups.

IMHO, one of the problems now is that the respawntimes are greatly reduced. I hardly ever wait longer than 10 seconds to get back in game, and mostly don't even have enough timew to change class or side before respawning, while in the mod, I usually spend 15-20 seconds spectating. So the longer the time, the more people die, the more people spawn together.

One possible solution would be making spawning dependant of killed people:

Lets say there is a standard spawntime of 25-30 seconds once you die (beginning to count after the first soldier is dead), and either when the time is up, or 5 others are killed, you respawn. This way, you would have a higher chance of spawning in a group of players but you would still be back in action soon enough if you were the only one who died.

Upvote 0
The funny thing about those recorded voice comms is that for example you can shout "We need a panzerfaust here!" Here-where? Everybody can hear it so the one asking for support might be on the other side of the map. When you ask for ammo you get an icon on the map although mostly people just run by. They don't seem to know that you can give ammo to MG..

Upvote 0