• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

When will the double xp event end?

Ya, don't end the double kill points just yet. Keep it going through the end of the year and bring it back every weekend. It's bad enough grinding out the guns already.

If you knew anything about what we were told about the planning of the game regarding stats that leveling up weapons were supposed to take a long time, but since my rifle is level 38 with probably 20 hours of working stats play time, it seems that TW screwed us there too. Some of the unlocks aren't correct and will become too numerous to be realistic if stats progress at this current rate. If double kill points continue for 6 more weeks approximately most people will have the majority of their weapons to the max level, which is ridiculous.

Upvote 0
If you knew anything about what we were told about the planning of the game regarding stats that leveling up weapons were supposed to take a long time, but since my rifle is level 38 with probably 20 hours of working stats play time, it seems that TW screwed us there too. Some of the unlocks aren't correct and will become too numerous to be realistic if stats progress at this current rate. If double kill points continue for 6 more weeks approximately most people will have the majority of their weapons to the max level, which is ridiculous.

Ya, but most of the lvl 25 unlocks were almost standard issue on the guns like bayonets or ppsh drum mag. Also, it really depends on the gun, bolt action rifles level up really fast, but something like your pistol which has less stopping power needs more kills or for instance my AVT at lvl 2 needed more kills to hit lvl 3 than my ppsh did to go from 22 to 23 (checked this when I swapped between them mid-round). Coincidentally, its easier to get kills especially several quick kills in a row with the ppsh especially post drum mag where as the avt has decent bullet penetration, but you need to use it like an svt most of the time or you run out of ammo fast. My ppsh is now lvl 30, my avt is lvl 4.

I haven't even gotten towards leveling my AT rifles, scoped guns, bolt actions much, pistols, MKB, MP-40 or AVT and I could easily play 30 hours a week with double exp for the rest of the year and still not have half of those anywhere close to 25 let alone 50 (assuming I stop using a gun once its 50). I'm pretty sure I'd be over a thousand hours played with double kill exp before I maxed out every gun at lvl 50, although that's not a long term goal of mine. That's a long time if you ask me.

I've got my bayonets for semi-autos, ppsh drum mag and mg-34 and I'm not sure I'm gonna go for much more beyond that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ya, don't end the double kill points just yet. Keep it going through the end of the year and bring it back every weekend. It's bad enough grinding out the guns already.
Cool, the game officially has turned into WOW when that's the main goal of some players haha :')
I might be a bit biased since I only play (if at all >_> ) with a rifle so i couldnt care less about unlocks and all that crap so

Upvote 0
Also bear in mind theres a difference between kills and kill points to lvl weapons.

For example your getting 4 Kills towards xp for a kill in a cap zone so dont look at the number as the total number of kills needed to level it.

Hmm i hope that made sense i dont think i explained it very well ;)

Upvote 0
If they ended the double XP they should lower the high kill requirements to level up weapons.

Not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

Upvote 0