• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

When weapons are shot out of people's hands...

Yeah, the ammo drop bugs me too, im obviously allready under fire, i lost my gun and have to pick it up again, its a bad enough situation as is, but then i also have to scurry about to try and regain some of my ammo whilst returning fire and trying to hold my position (where my ammo now resides).. groan.. gun only would be good.

Upvote 0
Centar said:
And also, why does all of my ammunition magically jump out of my pockets when my weapon is shot out of my hand? :p

Its a pain - picking up the weapon only is much safer and easier, but because your ammo scatters out aswell its even worse.
The reason this is happening is because of dropping your weapon for another. But unfortunately the same effect goes for when it is shot out of your hand. I think the devs didn't want to be like most other games where the ammo is all "magically" (as you put it) inside the weapon.

Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother said:
You guys do realize that it was the norm back in the day to carry your ammo in your left hand while holding a grenade in your right while holding your rifle right? Maybe if you guys would read some books on the ostfront and stopped watching hollywood movies you would realize this.

And maybe you should climb off that high horse for a moment, and actually join the debate before coming with flames and accusations that would not be out of place in kindergarden.

Mosin or Kar, 5 rounds to a clip, one might fit in your palm and still allow you to aim, but two? not ideal but might be doable, but nine? not possible.
So how do the remaining 8 clips jump out of their pouches when my gun is hit?

Or lets take the PPSH-41 or PPD-40, how do you propose i run around holding 3 spare drums in my hand? and how do they dislodge from the pouch when my weapon is hit?

SVT-40 or G-43 then, one mag will fill your palm, care to ellaborate how im supposed to hold six of them at once whilst aiming my weapon?

Or what about MP-40 or PPS-43 mags, how can you hold more than one and still aim? the STG-44 then?

Lets not forget the PTRD, you might be able to hold a pair of thouse 14mm shells, but 14?

Maybe you should take your head out of thouse books for a while and apply some common sence before flaming with reckless abandon, its the same with flight sims.. "i've read a book so i know everything", gor blimey.. armchair quarterbacks the lot.

Upvote 0
Grobut said:
And maybe you should climb off that high horse for a moment, and actually join the debate before coming with flames and accusations that would not be out of place in kindergarden.

Mosin or Kar, 5 rounds to a clip, one might fit in your palm and still allow you to aim, but two? not ideal but might be doable, but nine? not possible.

Or lets take the PPSH-41 or PPD-40, how do you propose i run around holding 3 spare drums in my hand? and how do they dislodge from the pouch when my weapon is hit?

SVT-40 or G-43 then, one mag will fill your palm, care to ellaborate how im supposed to hold six of them at once whilst aiming my weapon?

Or what about MP-40 or PPS-43 mags, how can you hold more than one and still aim? the STG-44 then?

Lets not forget the PTRD, you might be able to hold a pair of thouse 14mm shells, but 14?

Maybe you should take your head out of thouse books for a while and apply some common sence before flaming with reckless abandon, its the same with flight sims.. "i've read a book so i know everything", gor blimey.. armchair quarterbacks the lot.

Some of us appreciate humor...

Anyway i say all weapon ammunition should be part of the gun, its still more "realistic" then dying/having you weapon shot out of your hands and instantly dumping all your ammo, another plus is that picking up specific weapons is easier without all the ammo in the way.

Upvote 0
Grobut said:

Hey did you know the word 'gullible' isn't in the dictionary?

Upvote 0
smokeythebear said:
Some of us appreciate humor...

Anyway i say all weapon ammunition should be part of the gun, its still more "realistic" then dying/having you weapon shot out of your hands and instantly dumping all your ammo, another plus is that picking up specific weapons is easier without all the ammo in the way.
But that's the problem. Having all your weapon fall is more realistic than all the ammo magically being in your gun (like most other games). Don't forget conveniance doesn't cast a shadow on realism in a realism game.

Now it is possible that when the weapon gets shot out of someones hand maybe just the weapon will fall out and not the ammo. And the ammo would later fall out (like normal) if that soldier is killed - to still give the opposite player a chance to have the weapon and ammo.

Upvote 0