• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

When are the Stats going to be fixed? (serious/non-complaint)

Whatever your opinion of the gameplay, at least it will work.

You sure about that? BF was a dog when it was released - and stayed that way. BF2 was less of a dog - but was patched until it died a horrible death.
BF3? On a steam based EA platform? You will have just as many issues cause as soon as they have your cash - they no longer care.

At least Trip Wire keeps patching their games long beyond their profit margin.

It might suck now - but this is exactly like how Day of Defeat went. Was buggy but had a solid core of die hard fans - got patched until it was good - got swamped by heaps more people then got sold to Valve.

While the game is currently below par for many reasons - these guys seem committed to do "whatever it takes" to get it back off the ground.

Tripwire did right by me with killing floor - its now my turn to return that loyalty and give them a chance. Take your gen y lack of loyalty and go play BF3 and see what good that does you.

Upvote 0
BF2 was less of a dog - but was patched until it died a horrible death.
BF2 was patched until everything except hit detection worked 95%, and people enjoyed it for over 4 years that way.

If RO2 gets to BF2's level of stability with the unlocks and such....I'll be happy. Hopefully they'll get there faster than DICE did.

Tripwire did right by me with killing floor - its now my turn to return that loyalty and give them a chance.

This I agree with. I just wish all the other people they'd done right by with everything else they'd done would do the same. Not just for TWI and their patching....but for the kind of game they ultimately made.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
*Personal opinion: I think it should be the top priority, worry about some of the other glitches and balance issues a bit later.

Pretty much sums the the call of duty player(just looking at join dates, most of the 2011 crowd whine about it) mentality, MOAR STATS EPEEN WHORING, who cares about gameplay or bugs as long as i can have a bigger level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nenjin
Upvote 0
Seems most people say stats don't matter, but they do to me. It gives me something to work towards and a sense of accomplishment. I've played a few matches, but they just seem pointless and less fun. "Just play the game because its fun" doesn't work for me. I've played a few matches, but they just seem pointless and less fun. :)

COD is that way -->

RO series is a team game with objectives. If kdr and personal stats are more important than winning the match , you're in the wrong game.

Couple more weeks and all those camp from your spawn stat whores will have moved on.

Upvote 0
COD is that way -->

RO series is a team game with objectives. If kdr and personal stats are more important than winning the match , you're in the wrong game.

Couple more weeks and all those camp from your spawn stat whores will have moved on.

Maybe with RO1, but that ship has sailed.

Unlockable weapons + KDR + TDM on crappy small maps is the future !

Reactions: Krobar
Upvote 0
Pretty much sums the the call of duty player(just looking at join dates, most of the 2011 crowd whine about it) mentality, MOAR STATS EPEEN WHORING, who cares about gameplay or bugs as long as i can have a bigger level.

I don't agree, I've only recently joined yet I completely dispise COD. Don't paint every newbie on the forum with the same brush ;) Stats aren't everything (unlike in cod), I'd rather have gameplay than a stats screen. I do enjoy seeing my character level however, just not as much as most COD fanboys.

I agree the stats need fixing, and I imagine TWI are working hard at it. But personally the balancing needs sorting first, expessially with the Mkb42(H).

People have to have faith in TWI, they will fix the game. They showed me that with Killing Floor, and I trust them to get the job done.

Upvote 0
COD is that way -->

oddly enough win/loss ratio is a recorded stat, so what if he thinks that one is important.

Tossers like you really need to think before they speak.

Just because people like to see their statistics does not mean that they dont want to play as a team, or anything else. It means they simply enjoy seeing a visual representation of everything they have done in the game over the last year.

I enjoy looking over my stats, and i enjoy winning. Not only that but stats are important for this game because your character unlock new items and weapons and their skills also increase. So people who have working stats are getting better than those who dont.

Shmuck.

Reactions: MorningstarPA
Upvote 0
Bad Company 2 just got new patch today and it's what 2 years after release.Make of it what you will.ppl forgot the problems with Bad Company 2 unlock weapons stats and the EA servers going down all the time when the game was released .BF 3 is going to have problems as any game and if you think otherwise you are fool.

Oh it did? I might have a look into BC2 again. (see there you have the motivation to do patches even later in a games life cycle).

Upvote 0
=*Personal opinion: I think it should be the top priority, worry about some of the other glitches and balance issues a bit later.

SAAYYYWHAAAT?

You sir are a stats whore.

You wan't to get your MKb so bad and it won't even shoot, get your K/D ratio working and it stays at .02 because someone has glitched to a spot where he can pick you off with his fully automatic Karbiner sniper rifle with no recoil and you can't even shoot.

Upvote 0
Whatever your opinion of the gameplay, at least it will work.

And why do you think they're putting out the same tiny Rush-mode map with a low-player count for the beta as they did with the alpha?

By the time players find out the hitreg doesn't work on 64-player servers and vehicles are poorly-implemented and unbalanced, it'll be too late for a refund.

Upvote 0

Those words are never to be spoken here. EVER.

Seriously though... BF3 is going to be such a repetative boring game that it will NEED stats or people will lose intrest. In 1 month when RO2 is completely bug free and maps are being made and content patches are coming out, stats could be taken out and no one would care.

Reactions: lods of emone
Upvote 0
Those words are never to be spoken here. EVER.

Seriously though... BF3 is going to be such a repetative boring game that it will NEED stats or people will lose intrest. In 1 month when RO2 is completely bug free and maps are being made and content patches are coming out, stats could be taken out and no one would care.

^ Overcompensating

Anyways, when BF3 launches and probably has its own rocky beginning, I really hope people look back at all the **** they've given TWI, and realize that if a million dollar company with hundreds of employees can't put out a bug free game....maybe they should cut the 20 some odd people over at TWI some friggin' slack.

Upvote 0