• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

When are the devs going to address the console players

AWildSlowpoke

May 3, 2023
There have been a few posts on here that have concerns about the settings in this game for console players, as well as the use of macros being allowed on pc but yet no one from the team is willing to address these issues. They will come in and say macros are allowed but then dip once someone asks about it and what’s going on with console. It’s been over a month since the devs have said they will look into adding options for console players to adjust deadzones, aim assist and all that. I have been getting harassed for just posting my concerns about all this, and if devs can’t come out and just address the issue then I don’t see any point in playing anymore. Go on youtube and check out the wall hacks and auto aim you can do on pc with this game, and of course since the pc player base is the majority, they will all tell you that “Its not fair console players have aim assist” well let me tell you this, no one is asking for aim assist. But once again this post and all posts about this will fall on deaf’s ear. Honestly it‘s just sad, you can look at any post that has concerns whether its the larcin bug, this, the macros, what ever and you will have pretty much the whole community gang up on the person and tell them they are wrong, well that seems like a great community. I really don’t need to hear you say how even though it’s allowed macros don’t make you a better player, or on keyboard it’s already so easy to input the command, that’s all beside the point and side stepping the issue. So whatever, if this post reaches someone cool, if it doesn’t well then I guess this is a reminder to other console players when you have a complaint, don’t voice it

Damn, chill out buddy, you made it looked like it was personal.
Devs are probably a bit busy with adding new features and all.

Console players will always be at a disadvantage compared to PC players, and that's fine, a good matchmaking system or an option to disable crossplay should make it feel less frustrating.

You're only asking about more ways to configure your console experience, and 1 month is a really small time frame to add requested features.
You'll have to learn to be patient. I appreciate the dedication though, this will give more exposure on the problem.

However, using the macro statement to complain about developers and serve your argument is not okay. It is not related in any way.
Deciding if X thing is authorized or not isn't a thing that takes time, it is a simple question, to which the answer is currently "you currently can't be banned for it, we might change our decision".
Community managers won't just promise to add the features you asked about, because they probably can't respect the delays, and teams have already planned what they were going to add in the next update.

I do hope they'll answer, but yea, no need to be so triggered; macros, cheats is unrelated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Damn, chill out buddy, you made it looked like it was personal.
Devs are probably a bit busy with adding new features and all.

Console players will always be at a disadvantage compared to PC players, and that's fine, a good matchmaking system or an option to disable crossplay should make it feel less frustrating.

You're only asking about more ways to configure your console experience, and 1 month is a really small time frame to add requested features.
You'll have to learn to be patient. I appreciate the dedication though, this will give more exposure on the problem.

However, using the macro statement to ***** about developers and serve your argument is not okay. It is not related in any way.
Deciding if X thing is authorized or not isn't a thing that takes time, it is a simple question, to which the answer is currently "you currently can't be banned for it, we might change our decision".
Community managers won't just promise to add the features you asked about, because they probably can't respect the delays, and teams have already planned what they were going to add in the next update.

I do hope they'll answer, but yea, no need to be so triggered; macros, cheats is unrelated.
Really proving my point about just shutting up and not speaking up. And to come and once again speak for me is not okay. You did it and the last thread and you are doing it in this thread. If I feel like the fact that macros are being allowing and actually talked about, but yet they can’t reply and update up on controller settings then that needs to be addressed. Really sick and tired of this elitism. You’re pretty much saying console players will always be at a disadvantage so it’s no big deal if they fix it now or later.

Upvote 0
However, using the macro statement to *************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
why is my post spamming zsdr links? When editing manually, it's not there. Seems like the profanity filter has bugged

Upvote 0
why is my post spamming zsdr links? When editing manually, it's not there. Seems like the profanity filter has bugged
There was an issue that is now fixed, thanks for helping bring it to my attention.

More on topic, the team is working on several controller improvements, including additional settings that have been requested frequently, but I don't yet have a timeline I can share on them.

Reactions: loloid and azalty
Upvote 0
Speaking of macros (I mean that's what 90% of the post is about), what is the issue an why would anyone use them?
Other than full auto and maybe charged melee auto-release I don't see any point in having them, and both of those are pretty harmless.
It was originally for the first weapon of Larcin as he had a pretty high firerate but you had to single fire. The gun now seems to shoot a bit less frequently, but I still think that having a full auto option would be nice for him.

Upvote 0