• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Lord Of The Manor

As much as i can't wait for the next update i am still very pleased with KF2 and have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. Take the time needed to give us the best game experience you can. I like the look of the new Manor and i like the idea of bringing back some of the fan favorite maps but i hope to see a **** ton of new maps more. Lets leave the rehashing of KF1 maps to the mappers for they will be more than able to crank them out in no time.
Keep up the good work TWI crew as well as those clearly working on the road.

Oh also in a side note. "Iron" if your taking that as a subtle hint could mean many things. The Sharpshooters M14 EBR used open iron sights as did the LAR. The Martial Arts if using more straight edged (blade) weapons are made of iron in more cases. Yes Gunslinger uses iron sights as well but most pistols now days are mostly polymer unless they are revolvers. That said it still could be Gunslinger because more of the pistols from KF1 were iron. Swat, if it uses SMG (and SBR like i think it should being as that's what real Swat officers uses(i know this because my family member is on Swat)) it would probably use open iron in most cases as well. The hint is vague enough that it leaves open many options. I would say your safe to bet on Firebug though.

Upvote 0
I have mixed feelings on the new map; I love it artistically, but none of the first 3 delivered on the concept of having tactical light/door considerations that motivate you to move from spot to spot.

BurningParis = camp Eiffel tower
Outpost = camp Courtyard
Bioticslab = camp Processing
Manor = camp "some spot outside"

yes i know it's a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation: players tiring of the 3 maps would complain if it stayed 3 maps for too long; but that takes away resources from fixing the first 3 maps are not "functioning" properly, but players are complaining about the first 3 maps being effectively just a large map with small area to camp at. so might as well go full steam ahead on releasing the maps and then look back to start fixing them once they've been out for a bit

Upvote 0
I have mixed feelings on the new map; I love it artistically, but none of the first 3 delivered on the concept of having tactical light/door considerations that motivate you to move from spot to spot.

Outpost = camp Courtyard
Bioticslab = camp Processing

yes i know it's a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation: players tiring of the 3 maps would complain if it stayed 3 maps for too long; but that takes away resources from fixing the first 3 maps are not "functioning" properly, but players are complaining about the first 3 maps being effectively just a large map with small area to camp at. so might as well go full steam ahead on releasing the maps and then look back to start fixing them once they've been out for a bit

Let me fix that for you.

BurningParis = camp Eiffel Tower/Hotel/Hallway/Spawn/Subway
Outpost = camp Courtyard/Side path/Snow pole room/Spawn or big open safe room in front of spawn
Bioticslab = camp Processing, outside observation ower, blood room, spawn

All I see is complaining. Stop using the term "CAMPING".
If there's a spot with few zed spawns = people will go there. You want to complain about efile tower?
That spot has 4 spawn spots that spawn ON that area. Why stay? Because it's an open area, nobody cares if a Sc walks in or FP they'll still stay in that spot when overrun because it has the best "Strategic view"

Make a map with no spaces and no open areas = everyone dies from the first SC they can't burst down. Everyone get recked by Han's gas because there's nowhere to run. Nobody is aloud to throw a grenade or hurt themselves, Demo becomes useless and firebug kills himself.

Even if you put every single spawn point on efile tower. People will still sit in that area because they aren't blind there.
Play a map where there's no camping = Your team can't help you when Sc rages at you. Medic can't heal because there's no clear view and everyone is running because there's nowhere safe to stop because anywhere safe or open = camping. So 1 by one everyone will die to the SC raging because of the above anti-"camping" techniques.

It gets annoying with the constant camping complaints. The truth is you guys want more than killing Zeds effectively, if we got our objective mode nobody would say anything about camping. But without it, all these people are waiting for more than surviving/killing will find something to complain about and nit pick at it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Let me fix that for you.

Outpost = camp Courtyard/Side path/Snow pole room/Spawn or big open safe room in front of spawn

If there's a spot with few zed spawns = people will go there. You want to complain about efile tower?
That spot has 4 spawn spots that spawn ON that area. Why stay? Because it's an open area, nobody cares if a Sc walks in or FP they'll still stay in that spot when overrun because it has the best "Strategic view"

Make a map with no spaces and no open areas = everyone dies from the first SC they can't burst down. Everyone get recked by Han's gas because there's nowhere to run. Nobody is aloud to throw a grenade or hurt themselves, Demo becomes useless and firebug kills himself.

Even if you put every single spawn point on efile tower. People will still sit in that area because they aren't blind there.
Play a map where there's no camping = Your team can't help you when Sc rages at you. Medic can't heal because there's no clear view and everyone is running because there's nowhere safe to stop because anywhere safe or open = camping. So 1 by one everyone will die to the SC raging because of the above anti-"camping" techniques.

It gets annoying with the constant camping complaints. The truth is you guys want more than killing Zeds effectively, if we got our objective mode nobody would say anything about camping. But without it, all these people are waiting for more than surviving/killing will find something to complain about and nit pick at it.

Well said.

Besides, in higher difficulties, unless your team is composed of terminators with perfect skills, you end up having to kite in those open areas because they get full of zeds, FAST.

The only real problem i see now is not a map problem, is the friggin' zed teleport thingy that punishes you for moving from place to place.

Upvote 0
Let me fix that for you.

While i agree with most of what you said, I disagree with the demo part.

A good demo loves tight funnel points and has several back up Explosives for when **** gets hairy and it does get hairy, Only a bad demo can't "Camp" or strategicly hold an area, This is what things like the LAR are for, A back up weapon for when things got too damned close and to clear out one off zeds.

Upvote 0

Please the Eiffel Tower is a terrible spot for camping, standing right in the middle of all the spawn points and there's more spawn points than a team can cover ever with 6 people so it's guaranteed something will come up behind you. A much better spot is either up at the top of those stairs or down the street to the right where you still get the benefit of all those spawn points but the zeds are funneled into a smaller area and you don't have zeds coming from 17 different directions.

lrn2campbro

Upvote 0
I'm hoping this fellow is joking as well.
Probably, but "very soon" is not week-long in my comprehension as well. TWI should stop using that "very soon" in terms of a year or a month :D

Anyone notice that there's actually 8 unavailable achievements right now? Can anyone say two maps?

Could be, since we only had achievements for finishing maps by far. But not 100% sure.

Upvote 0