• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What new types of Zeds would you like to see in the future?

Bane5

Grizzled Veteran
May 27, 2012
In the transition from KF1 to KF2, the familiar roster of zeds have returned with some new additions. The added variety to clots is nice, but without a doubt there is room for many new zed types.

Most people would categorize zeds according to their power level. I am certain that most people would agree with the following list:

Low-tier: Cysts, clots, slashers, gorefasts, stalkers, crawlers, and bloats.
Middle-tier: Husks, Sirens
Top-tier: Scrakes, Fleshpounders

Weak zeds come in swarms and are unlikely to kill players by themselves. Middle-tier zeds like husks and sirens have the capability to wipe out teams if they come in groups. Top-tier zeds can destroy an unprepared team by themselves. The diversity found in weaker zeds is nice, but from a gameplay standpoint, it has minimal impact since most (with the exception of the bloat) die in 1 or 2 shots regardless. A more diverse roster of stronger zeds would have a much bigger effect on how players plan and strategize.

-----

If I could choose a new zed to add, it would be a top-tier cloaking zed. The current stalker isn't deadly enough to make me paranoid. This new, improved, and bigger stalker would make no sound when it spawns, causing your team to forever play in fear that it might arrive. In addition to melee attacks, it would attempt to grab players. To break the hold, multiple melee attacks are required. Being grabbed by something very large out of nowhere would be very scary. Although it has a little less health than a scrake, its ability to sneak up on and disorient players would make it very dangerous.

Basically, moments like this when it grabs you: https://youtu.be/1qtg5yyXvXg?t=2m33s

-----

What sort of zeds would you like to see?

Last edited:
I'd personally like to see Husk variants with different elements like electricity. Not sure why, just think it'd be cool and versatile for the zed team.

I'd also like a big lump of a bastard, nothing fancy but he can survive better than the others without his head, he'll be around a little while no matter what you do!

Upvote 0
Already in KF1 mods:

- Female Fleshpound (FFP)
- Ghost (permanent invisible stalkers)
- Jason (buffed SC that cant be stunned once raged)
- Tesla Husk (Electrical beam firing husk, with chain lighting)

Possible others:

- Bombardier (range firing hulk with mortars for hands. crap melee. invisible till fires weapons. Shells can kill unarmored player with one hit. Fires two shells every 30 secs. Is invisible and immune to damage when not firing. comes in wave 7+. alt. variant - fires gas shells. easy to kill once found and shot by 2+ players)

- Blade-Devil/Diablo (like a raging scrake but smaller and less deadly. comes in wave 3+)

- Chameleon (appears exactly like one of the players but... is actually a disguised cyst/clot - variant)

- Shriek (teleporting siren variant, which she does when ever she gets shot at... but takes 5 seconds to regenerate energy to do again. meantime she screams. will look to teleport into largest group of players)

Well I have more but.... this is probably enough! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ideas for Zeds

Ideas for Zeds

I like Games with special enemys like KF, Halo , Time splinters (old school) Doom 1-3 , Duke Nukem and other Games and i have my inspiration from these Games

1.) I have a idea for an Zed that is big and slow her healt is on the middle line but he is exploding when he is near enough to you and give you some damage when the zed dies other zeds comes out from his body these zeds are very fast but can just make 1 bit and makes very low damage and dies very fast but his special is that the zeds can go in other died zed body and controll them.

2.) it was very fun when it gives flying zeds that make no damage to other players and have an middle armor these zeds have an Special job to heal some other zeds

Photos for an idea (Halo Photos)

Upvote 0
The Brute from the mod in KF1 made official. it announces it's presence with a low pitched roar and a "Ding Ding" of a boxing bell.

Another would be a twin blade Gorefast. (each spawned gorefast has a chance to have a second arm with a blade on it)

A Zed that is some kind of clot fused into a giant Locust. does not really fly but can leap long distances and buzzes from left to right to make shooting it tricky. (has clot/slasher level health)

The Fleshpound gunner as a special miniboss that appears between waves 2/3 (short) 4/5 (medium) and 6/7 (long). it fights with it's gun arm like the KF1 Patriarch until it's health is brought below half then it fights like a fleshpound.

Upvote 0
id just like to see variations of the current zeds like the clots slasher and cyst did they make the fleshpound on the first try what failures did they make first are there any other mutations of it that horzine scrapped

maybe a double bladed gorefast a siren that shoots ear popping projectiles a bloat with nipple piercings other insect types for the crawlers anything's possible with horizne

Upvote 0
Maybe a variant of the Bloat, except bigger, slower and full of goo. Killing it means it spreads slippery goo all over the floor that stays for the whole wave, meaning you have to be careful where you kill it.

Since KF1 I've wanted a flying Zed like the Scrag in Quake too. This would make a lot of sense since if people camp one area outside, they aren't just shooting in one direction but have to pay attention to what's above them as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0