• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What # Most Enjoyable?

Anything 18-48 is preferred. There are many tactical options available with lower player counts; even Apartments can be enjoyable with a small population!

Over 48 players and it's like putting your fist into a running blender. Not too fun...

I'm actually worried that the same thing is going to happen with RS is released. I hope maps designed for 32 players aren't going to cram 64 players onto them.

Fingers crossed...
perfect description of 64 player!

Upvote 0
I wish they brought the 128 player modification from RO to RO2. Don't know how it worked so I've got no idea how feasible it is... Might not be possible seeing it hasn't been done yet.

Maps like appartments can go suck a lemon for all I care. I'd love more big custom maps and finally some light vehicles.
we don't have a map that would support that many players and I hope to never see the day anyone even tries that many.
interesting post. seems like you have apartments because it's so small, yet you want to add to many players to the rest of the maps to make them play small? no thanks. ever play apartments with about twenty players? works fine then. more players equals less gameplay and more chaos.

Upvote 0
28-40 Human players are good IMO....When you have 64 HUMAN players on a map, it seems like most of the "natural funnels get camped in, along with having a couple rifle men on far outside of map, a team can make movement pretty hard. It becomes more of a spawn die feast.....

Now if your whole team is working together like RO was design to be played 64 man teams are fun and enjoyable....but finding a server where complete team work is being play is next to impossible........Again IMO..

Upvote 0
Hi guys! :)

I was wondering, what number of players in a server do you find to be most enjoyable? :) Having too few players makes the game horribly stale, but having too many players turns into a zerg. What do you feel is the magical amount?

Personally I like about 30 to 38 ish. Doesnt matter really , the lemmings all gravitate to the zerg servers.

Upvote 0
we don't have a map that would support that many players and I hope to never see the day anyone even tries that many.

Oh how productive. "I don't like the idea so I hope no one else can enjoy it."

Appartments is boring due to it being one big chokepoint throughout. The 128 player servers got some huge custom maps in RO not to mention the fact that RO had bigger and more open maps in general. Some current maps might work atleast up to 96 players and I'd love to see it tried.

Upvote 0