• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What makes a Siren fly?

E(rik)

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
New York
We've all seen the phenomena; you shoot a Siren with a grenade launcher, and rather blow it up, it flys in the direction of grenade impact. Now, this doesn't really sound odd to me until I did some testing, and the Siren was the only zed I could get to do this.

Anyone know in particular why this happens?

anyone else have the hellish experience where they threw a grenade at the feet of a raging FP, and they ran backwards to avoid it and then forwards again, just in time to be hit square in the back....sending the fuming fleshpound flying towards you at hyperspeed! One time it actually catapulted over my team...:eek:

Upvote 0
^^ That reminds me of one time I was playing HOE Offices not too long ago. Holding the bottom floor a bloat and a crawler jumped down together, seemed easy enough. Then the bloat jumps on top of the crawler and got stuck there and both of them make it to the hallway by the red room in less than half a second. Nearly had a wipe because of it. I couldn't stop laughing at the sight of it though, never seen a bloat move so fast or bounce so much.

Upvote 0