• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What kind of vehicles are we going to see? Will there be Heli's?

if they add helicopters we have to insist that they behave like them.

Take on helicopters level stuff.

Agreed!

images

Upvote 0
Trailer confirms choppers, I wonder if we're going to get any AA!

Trailer confirms AA as well. Haven't You seen RPG? ;)

Unfortunately it also confirms static ammo belt and caseless ammunition for M60 ;)

While I'm hyped for the game because I love RS, TWI games in general and company policy. This trailer doesn't look good though. I think You had to rush it a little bit because of E3. Too bad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My question, is what level of control and accessibility are we going to have with the helicopters? The way maps are made and laid out, you will encounter one of a few potential problems.

1. Will there will be a relatively low flight ceiling.

2. If no ceiling, the low detail, map edge's will be very visible.

3. It's easy to fly vast distance in short time, what kind of map boundaries for aircraft.

4. If maps are enlarged to adjust for aircraft, what kind of performance hit, or will current render on demand system suffice?

5. Simulator or Arcade controls? (hoping for a perfect "unicorn" blend)

6. Spawn locations? Will the crew spawn inside, and be restricted, or will pilots be able to live through a crash, and fight on; infantry manning side guns...ect?

7. ect....

Upvote 0
Looking at the low detail on the Huey side gun, I'm gonna assume all air assets will be commander call ins like artillery etc, there's no way we'll be able to fly.

Yep. At the very minimum, I don't think you could make 64 player jungle maps in UE3 large enough to enable helos, you'd have to fly in fog the entire time. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Since RO2/RS have been primarily infantry based combat, I wouldn't expect much in the way of CA assets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My question, is what level of control and accessibility are we going to have with the helicopters? The way maps are made and laid out, you will encounter one of a few potential problems.

1. Will there will be a relatively low flight ceiling.

2. If no ceiling, the low detail, map edge's will be very visible.

3. It's easy to fly vast distance in short time, what kind of map boundaries for aircraft.

4. If maps are enlarged to adjust for aircraft, what kind of performance hit, or will current render on demand system suffice?

5. Simulator or Arcade controls? (hoping for a perfect "unicorn" blend)

6. Spawn locations? Will the crew spawn inside, and be restricted, or will pilots be able to live through a crash, and fight on; infantry manning side guns...ect?

7. ect....

I just found the news of this game today. Very hyped for it's release.

I would also love the dev's take on those damn good questions. :D

And I wouldn't quote them, just interested in knowing their thoughts, goals and ideas, knowing that not all is easy to actually put in practice.

Upvote 0