• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What is the craziest free-week tactic you have seen?

Grenades as an antitank weapon I saw constantly, but my best moment was this:

On Odessa, I was the Russian MGer. I set up my gun across from the Tower on the building with the sandbag position on its side. I started to pound any hapless Fritzy poking his head out of the windows. Suddenly, it looks as though we are going to win; Russians are pouring into the right side of thisopen area caused by the Tower! Then I looked at them, they were Germans! And to my amazement they did not head for the Tower, or any defilade from my fire. They stood in the street and shot in a firing-squad style line at my teamates on the street. After that I let loose three magazines on this constant stream of idiots standing in the street like targets. Finally one German in the tower shoots me from the best Fritz-hunting spot in the Ukraine.

Someone should tell these guys that it's Ostfront 1941-45, not 1841-45.

Upvote 0
The best moment is when I got rammed and my tank went balistic, I was pointed straight up in the air. Needless to say this put me in a very bad way when the next shot from across Arad's South Field, into the belly of my tank.

The person who rammed me should have been given credit for the kill, as they had completely disabled me due to the fact that I was laughing so hard. My guess, this was yet another guy who didnt know how to switch positions. :eek:

Upvote 0
Not exactly a tactic, but the blank stares into the shiny new rifle they dont know how to pickup is definitly a hilarious sight. On one map, a ROplayer was stopped looking at a rifle on the floor, in the middle of the doorway, which blocked everyone else from getting through. People yelled at him, and eventually another ROplayer shot him. It was the start of a brutal yet hilarious chain reaction as the 2nd ROplayer was shot, and then he was shot, followed by the person who shot him. Myself and the survivors were looking at the aftermath when a german MG'er apparently had time to go prone right in front of us and mowed us all down. I wish I had gotten a pic when it was all over, I could not stop laughing.

The 2nd thing I saw I only caught a few times. It was the dreaded first uses of satchel charges, I witnessed some dude charge a tank with a satchel, and when he was a good 20 feet from it he went from a running heroic soldier into a big vapor cloud as his charge detonated in his hands, taking out the poor soldier who happend to be near him as well. Other funny satchel sights I saw included people throwing satchels at moving tanks, without priming them, and when the pack finally explodes 10 seconds later the tank is long gone but your teamates are usually right there to take the brunt of the blast.

Good times, good times...

Upvote 0
People playing dodgem-cars with the tanks. There was a group of 2 T-34 and 2 JS-2 crashing into a group of 2 PzIV and a PzVI. While you might think it was "good" team work, with tanks "working together", I think it was more a sheep mentality. While they bashed and turned and span and changed to bash again, like metal trainee sumos, I just picked them off from the hill.

Upvote 0
Dammit! Grenades don't work on tanks eh...I guess I threw them more in defiance. I mean, I'm a rifleman, I have nothing to throw at tanks. Might as well throw the next best thing, something that makes a loud sound and scare any free trial tankers.

Hell, I even made a few pot shots at tanks with my rifle, as if to say "Don't you dare unbutton your hatches - I am watching." :p

As for tactics, I did witness one guy I was charging down with my bayo try to take me out with a Pzfaust - at point blank range. My screen flashed red, but I didn't die. He still bested me with his pistol though. :(

Upvote 0
I saw and did a couple dumb things during the free trial considering that im a trail newbie to.

First was on HedgeHog, I was taking the Ba-64 offraoding and the like, I think I was driving closer to the Germans to tank hunting, or maybe just driving around for ****s and giggles. I then come across a German MGer who in turn spots me with my dumb head sticking out of the drivers hatch, and immediatly turns tail and runs. Me being the wonderful person that I am, floor it. Hes running toward the farmhouse trying to get to inside to safety, but he does not make it in time, and I assume that you can imagine the aftermath. I laugh and evil laugh, and then procced to drive away and eventually flip the clowncar not more than 5 secinds later.

Upvote 0
I know I shouldnt have done this , but it was pretty funny. :eek: On snowyforest , as german , I ran THROUGH a group of "camping russians" and without stopping , dropped a couple of satchels and just kept on running till i found a hill to drive behide.
Took out quite a few russians , 5 or 6 i think, and had a good chuckle.

Upvote 0
OK my crazy moment was
I forgot to reload my mp40 A guy ran up on me I fired but click' click' crap! then he shot my gun out of my hands all of a sudden I had my Luger without aiming pop'pop'pop!!! I GOT HIM lol.

like the old saying " If your going to kill me do it dont waist my day off"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
my craziest tactic i saw would have to be that apparently micheal jackson was painting the sky in the game, i was on multaple maps using a old geforce 4 mx420 cause my x700 died, and the sky was purple, pink and blue, ya it did happen, oh ya back on topic, i saw a guy try to drive a tank over a cow... i wonder why we cant go threw the cows though.

Upvote 0