• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What are the plans for tank variety

FBX

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 17, 2006
Like the title says, can we expect any maps along the lines of arad? I can't help but feel tripwire may have dug themselves a hole by making tanks so immersive. Are there only two tanks in this game?

Of course never mind the bugs like tanks warping/having the wrong momentum, shooting from what is not the barrol, always bouncing/never staying put, etc

They've pretty much admitted they dug themselves a detail pit with the tanks, and dove in.

But they're confident in the game and that they'll be sticking with it for a while making free content, so once everything else is done, they can start working on making them. One of the hardest parts of making the tanks was setting up the production pipeline for creating them. Now that they have it, it won't take as long to make new ones.

Anyways I recall talk of a Half-track and some other vehicle post-release. I think it's up in the fact thread somewhere.

Upvote 0
One tank took a month to design and only 2 made the release more is planned and will be released as free content as well as armored personal carriers.Tanks will get better and should see alot of focus after they get the biggest problems patched.

As for Arad type maps their was some tank battles in Stalingrad not alot of large tank numbers in the city itself but during the encirclement and the attempted rescue of the 6th army they was large scale tank battles.So for historical accuracy their not just limited to street/city fighting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh yeah, I miss my half tracks and clown cars

Also is this a bug or a feature - I'm pretty sure if you have a driver, he will prevent any ap shells from hitting the ammo behind him. I.e. the driver dies but no boom. Seems a little unrealistic.

As far as I'm concerned multiplayer should seriously be just "anything goes". There is no reason ro2 should be a downgrade from ro1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Those fricking Russian clown cars and German motorcycles ruined a lot of potentially good tank vs tank battles for me on Arad maps.

lol Yep but being a mobile satchel charge guy was too much fun!!

Long live the "Mad clown car bomber!"
ba64atr.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They've pretty much admitted they dug themselves a detail pit with the tanks, and dove in.

But they're confident in the game and that they'll be sticking with it for a while making free content, so once everything else is done, they can start working on making them. One of the hardest parts of making the tanks was setting up the production pipeline for creating them. Now that they have it, it won't take as long to make new ones.

Anyways I recall talk of a Half-track and some other vehicle post-release. I think it's up in the fact thread somewhere.
now that would be cool, troop transport FTW..

Upvote 0
Well, not wanting to not get anyone's hopes up unnecessarily, I checked the fact thread. And it has like, facts and stuff :p

The Fact Thread said:

• Panzerkampfwagen IV G (Confirmed here)
  • Panzerkampfwagen III J (First version) - Free DLC (Source: US PC Gamer Issue 209 (Jan. 2011) Page 56)
  • SdKfz 251/1 Halftrack - Free DLC (Source: US PC Gamer Issue 209 (Jan. 2011) Page 56)

Soviet

• T-34/76 (Confirmed here)
  • T-70 - Free DLC (Source: US PC Gamer Issue 209 (Jan. 2011) Page 56)
  • Universal Carrier - Free DLC (Source: US PC Gamer Issue 209 (Jan. 2011) Page 56)

Upvote 0
One tank took a month to design and only 2 made the release more is planned and will be released as free content as well as armored personal carriers.Tanks will get better and should see alot of focus after they get the biggest problems patched. .
I'm pretty sure they said it took 6 months to make one tank, don't quote me on that but I thought they said that in one of the pax/gamescon videos.

Upvote 0
I really hope they don't add two lighter tanks to the game. If it's true about the T70 and the pz3, I don't think it's going to really improve tank battles much at all. The entire point should be to compliment the tanks we already have. Yet those tanks would be pretty useless against the tanks we already have. They would be totally unable to mix it up with the current tanks.

And when they can't engage the current tanks that leaves them only able to fight each other. Which is the situation we have now...

Upvote 0
3 months per tank or soo they said

They should make it with bit fewer details inside i wouldn't mind just so there would be more pickings and mod love

No they said it took a few months to make the original tanks. Now that they have the first two done the follow up ones should be done more quickly since a lot of the coding for how a tank works interior wise has been done.

Upvote 0