• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Western mod

How about American army vs Indians? (American-indian war presumably)

Indians could have an assortment of melee weapons, bows and rifles, where the army might only have officers' swords, but have access to much more ballistic weapons and possibly fire support.

Would have to be a very asymmetrical kind of balance, but sounds interesting to me!

Reactions: griffner
Upvote 0
Well the unfortunate reality is that the Indiana wars and the golden age of the west with all the robbers did not occur at the same time. I'm focusing on 1880 - 1900 and the last large Indiana battle happened in 1873. I chose the so called golden age because it seemed to offer more variety. You can have chases where bandits attack carriage carrying money or they board and steal from a moving train. You would have bank robberies and bandits clearing out mines.

The good thing is that all asset's except weapons could be recycled allowing to add in more time periods.

Upvote 0
Marxman I was think of some thing similar to that but with the US military at the time the law men where more likely ti be equipped with breach loaders. The bandits would have a smaller team but better weaponry.

Also I've applied to get access to the mod tools so hopefully I can really get under way soon!

Edit: Dam it I take that back! I was too late...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
render16.jpg

render15.jpg

render17.jpg

152007444ec2b8808b0c5.gif

Please dont look textures for now ...
Actually, I work only 3D skulls

count approximatly 1.000 triangles for a head
count 2.500 triangles for body

---

A suggest for a mexican ????????

Last edited:
Upvote 0
WOW those are some nice model. Efficient polygon usage as well!:eek: You can make any thing you want for the mod as long as it's not a space man or an alien. I know I said I'd post pics when the bank's done but I think I'll wait till I have a whole scene.

Also Raneman shot guns will be in but the problem is I can't find any info on just a specific gun.

Upvote 0
First off s big thanks to r5cya!!! He had a beta code he had not used and was supper kind and decided to give it to me! Hats off (and :IS2:) to him!!
:D
Second after loading up the SDK I feel prety stupid becuse I modeled a whole building in blender while the dev's just used BSP brushes... So I'll keep my curent building witch is one and from now on export the BSP brushes and go from there.

But however distorted you content might be it's invigorating to see it in game!

Upvote 0
Second after loading up the SDK I feel prety stupid becuse I modeled a whole building in blender while the dev's just used BSP brushes... So I'll keep my curent building witch is one and from now on export the BSP brushes and go from there.

Static meshes are superior to BSP -- they run faster and I find I have much better control over the final result. Stick to models.

Upvote 0
First off s big thanks to r5cya!!! He had a beta code he had not used and was supper kind and decided to give it to me! Hats off (and :IS2:) to him!!
:D
i'm just glad i could be able to help, in any small way, to your project. i thought i might be able to have some fun with the sdk, but as soon as i opened it, i realized i was in over my head.:eek:

if you asked for that key sooner, i apologize for missing it.:eek:

i'm not sure i really like the idea of a western mod of the game, but i really like that you have a great imagination and the brains/time to make your visions happen.

if you ever need someone to provide testing/feedback/bug reports on the stuff you're working on, let me know. one thing i really like is being able to help polish games as a guinea pig.:D makes me feeel like i contributed even though i don't have the skills/time to do map mods.:(

good luck on your mod!

Upvote 0
Wow! I remember making this thread long ago, it got good response then, but I didn't think something would actually materialize! Keep at it! I wish I could help, but I have no UDK modding experience whatsoever.

Although, I have some sound design experience, and I would love to help make the game sound as western as possible! I have some work I've recently done that I could send over if you would like.

Also, definitely keep the Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, and Eli Wallach faces in, while I do want the gameplay to be pretty realistic, that doesn't mean you can't have some nostalgic fun!

Upvote 0