• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Weird collision behaviour on walls

mikkou

Grizzled Veteran
May 9, 2014
For some reason, when I throw money (or weapons) towards the walls on my map, they get blocked halfway by invisible wall about 320 units away.

Imagine you are standing behind the red line and throw an item towards the wall, it will stop at the red line. However, if you cross that red line and throw the item on the wall, it will just fly straight through it...

To me this would indicate a faulty collision, but the walls block grenades and players normally, and I even viewed the collisions on the map and they all seem normal. So why would this happen only with money/weapons? Oh and also dead bodies stick to this invisible thing. Just to clarify, there are NO blocking volumes on my map right now (and even if there were, I would see them with "show collision").

Anyone got any explanation? Could this be related to the precomputed visibility?

Some progress, I found out that if you disable Block Rigid Body, it stops happening. However, in TWI maps its enabled and everything works fine so why would this only happen on my map? Its like the Rigid Body collision changed place somehow...

Damn supernatural bugs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0