• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapons Commodity Mod

Valken

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 5, 2011
For future updates, would it be possible to make a global weapons commodity mode?

Basically, all official or optional servers can enable weapons commodity mode.

Once enabled, all weapons purchased on participating servers would upload those stats back to TWI and over time, the price of the weapons would change as global usage of it changes.

The more popular the weapons, the more expensive the base price becomes (perks still gets discounts), and less used weapons goes down in price.

It would be a fun metagame to monitor and see how introduction of new weapons or the balance of the weapon affects usage or price affects usage.

Idea is not new, it is the same as the CS:Source blackmarket option.

Reactions: Lacedaemonius
It is a good idea and I've suggested the same before. Adjusting the cost of the weapon is the wrong approach in my opinion. Adjusting damage would be the correct way.

Adjusting price will never affect the zerker which, again in my opinion, is the biggest problem. Who cares if the katana or axe double, triples, or even quadruples in price? Melee weapons don't cost anything to fire and they doesn't use ammo. After a zerker buys his weapons, they have no use for cash except for armor.

What I suggest dynamically adjusting for is damage. And not only damage per weapon, but damage per weapon per perk. That would prevent overuse of unperked weapons from screwing over the perked users of those weapons.

As a weapon is used more often the damage decreases. Unused weapons have their damage slowly increase.

+7 Balance system does the balancing. http://www.plus7systems.com/

Upvote 0
It is a good idea and I've suggested the same before. Adjusting the cost of the weapon is the wrong approach in my opinion. Adjusting damage would be the correct way.

Adjusting price will never affect the zerker which, again in my opinion, is the biggest problem. Who cares if the katana or axe double, triples, or even quadruples in price? Melee weapons don't cost anything to fire and they doesn't use ammo. After a zerker buys his weapons, they have no use for cash except for armor.

What I suggest dynamically adjusting for is damage. And not only damage per weapon, but damage per weapon per perk. That would prevent overuse of unperked weapons from screwing over the perked users of those weapons.
Pardon my naivette, but wouldn't that kind of demand inflate the price of the axe/katana to the point where playing berserker would be prohibitively expensive if not impossible due to the incredibly high entry price? A sliding scale of cost would be far better, because when you have to constantly second-guess your own weapon you're going to have a bad time.

Upvote 0