• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapons Choices or Role Choices (merged 7 times!)

LionbI4

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Please implement different weapon selection system.
If you have no uber fast pc, you will always play with "Strelok" rifle with no option to take sniper rifle, for example.
Americas army has best weapon selection system atm. Would be nice to see something similar.

Additionally:
1. Increase damage and accuracy for automatic guns.
2. Increase spawn delays.
3. Remove or make it configurable "raise oneself a little" while in iron sight. (Why character is doing things what I not asked to do ???)
4. Sync tank's gun position on client with gun position on server. During lags this may be different, and you will always miss.
5. Implement "secondary reload" button, so you will always be able to extract bullet from rifle.
6. Make objectives smaller. Zergs sux.
7. Implement autobalance.
8. Pressing "Crouch" from proning should always bring to "crouching" position.

1) Damage and accuracy are fine when the person knows how to use the weapon
2) Yes, by a bit
3)I like it as it is now
4)I haven't had any problems with this
5)I like this idea
6)Which objective areas do you have a problem with?
7)It's coming soon
8)It already does, but I only use the toggle crouch

Upvote 0
SiFi said:
2) Yes, by a bit
3)I like it as it is now
5)I like this idea
7)It's coming soon

MG42 is still very inaccurate and its not depending how you use it.

Upvote 0
SiFi said:
2) Yes, by a bit
3)I like it as it is now
5)I like this idea
7)It's coming soon

1) I played RO:MOD version, and SMG was completly different. It was much better.
3) If you use sniper, then its not usefull - after you look into scope, you see from another point of view, object you are aimed on can be covered with obstacle. If you like it, then it should be configurable.
4) To reproduce you can join laggy server and try to move Cannon around
6) Almost all maps. Would be nice to introduce Americas Army style objectives for some maps. Come-and-use objective. Instead of come-and-camp.
8) Will check again
9) Weapon selection ???

Upvote 0
KrazyKraut said:
For god's sake quit whining about the smgs. Yes they have quite some recoil but it's managable. I'd rather have recoil a little on the strong side like it is now than the PPSh-ramboing of the mod.
Yeah, only funny thing is that we wouldn't have these russian ones in the game (especially PPSh) if they had been that bad to shoot. They would have abandoned it in prototype stage since they would have been causing more casualties to russians then to germans. And if somehow they still had made it to serial production germans wouldn't have never picked the versions left behind thinking it's better then their MPs and converted some in 9mm.

I'm not saying all smgs are bad but there are things done to balance. It's kind of DODish. But nevermind. I rather use only the german ones or other weapons mostly.

Upvote 0
There was two options for SMG: increase recoil, increase damage or decrease recoil, decrease damage.
They did both: increase recoil and decrease damage.
Now you spend ~10 bullets to kill someone 5 meters from you. Instead of 2-4 bullets.
Rule: if you making something real, do it in all aspects. Making "real" recoil and "arcade" damage is wrong.

Btw, why explosion delay of grenades has been reduced ?

Upvote 0
PGD03 said:
Yeah, only funny thing is that we wouldn't have these russian ones in the game (especially PPSh) if they had been that bad to shoot. They would have abandoned it in prototype stage since they would have been causing more casualties to russians then to germans. And if somehow they still had made it to serial production germans wouldn't have never picked the versions left behind thinking it's better then their MPs and converted some in 9mm.

I'm not saying all smgs are bad but there are things done to balance. It's kind of DODish. But nevermind. I rather use only the german ones or other weapons mostly.
I know all of this stuff so don't lecture me mkay. And if you actually compensate for recoil you can be very effective with the PPShs, even though the PPD is superior in game (it should simply be a NCO-only weapon). You'd rather have it like in the mod where you could virtually snipe with the Shpagina? No thanks. And I don't care if it's done for balancing. This is still a game afterall. Some tweaking? Maybe. But they don't need major fixing.

Upvote 0
Thoughts on class selection

Thoughts on class selection

I think the current system, where the first to load the map gets first choice, is pretty flawed, and will hurt the game's popularity in the long run. A huge portion of the player base will be stuck with the plain old bolt-action rifles almost all the time.

I suggest that the current system be used for the first round on a map, but afterwards atthe start of every round the people with scores in the top half of the list will be entered into a lottery for the sniper, mg slot, etc. The fact that you need to have a decent score to get a shot at an important class will keep tker's and other idiotic players from wasting the team's sniper rifle or mg.

Only problem I see is for clan matches, where people might need to be their assigned roles everytime, so maybe this system could be optional.

Upvote 0
I love the mosins and k98s, rifleman is probably my best class (after sniper, which is just incredibly easy, with the scoped rifle and pistol). I have a half-decent pc though, and I can often get mg and occasionally the sniper class. If all I ever got to play was rifleman, I'd be bored out of my mind, no matter how good the rifles are.

Upvote 0
KrazyKraut said:
I know all of this stuff so don't lecture me mkay. And if you actually compensate for recoil you can be very effective with the PPShs, even though the PPD is superior in game (it should simply be a NCO-only weapon). You'd rather have it like in the mod where you could virtually snipe with the Shpagina? No thanks. And I don't care if it's done for balancing. This is still a game afterall. Some tweaking? Maybe. But they don't need major fixing.
I didn't mean to underestimate your knowledge. And no, I don't want autosnipers. Those things aren't nearly as accurate longer ranges as rifles and stg44, like you know. And that's the way they should be. Meaning even if you fire supported you shouldn't be able to snipe. But handling muzzle climb should be easier because there are ways to control it irl. And surely it's ok that muzzle climbs like it does when you don't use your mouse but controlling should be manageable. I don't want turn the sensitivity up to 1600 dpi to have even decent control over it and the guys who use high sensitivity shouldn't be more accurate because of that.

PPD, STG44 and MP40 are kind of good while kneeling..and that's a bit funny too since recoil doesn't change that much whether you are standing or kneeling. Accuracy is better while kneeling but recoil isn't remarkably easier to handle.

I hope I didn't lecture too much now :D

Surely dev contacts have read all the arguments about this before so I try to shut up from now on about this..:eek:

Upvote 0