• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We Need Help

I feel your pain. "Zhegor" was my nemesis last night while practicing (offline). Eventually I just resorted to killing him as my goal for the night (Zhegor no like HE rounds, it makes him sad:() What I do is give them the "get out" command while I'm the driver and the tank is moving. That way when the bot jumps out he can't get back in as you're long gone, then turn around, or turret (your choice) and kill him.

Upvote 0
Sometimes I can't tell if someone's a bot. I've been shot at several times by people who sure ACTED like bots. Other night I was playing Basovka (or one of the "B" maps). I'm in a T34, and I parked on a ridge somewhere. I keep hearing "Plink!" and my tank icon changes color. I'm thinking to myself "What the hell? Did a German pick up an AT rifle?" I turn around and see at the base of the hill on MY side, DESPITE the orientation of my tank (you know -- aiming at the enemy approach?), some schmuck was firing at me with a PTRD. I fire in his direction with the MG to show the green tracers. He keeps shooting. I fire again and type in all caps "STOP SHOOTING!!! GREEN TRACERS = FRIENDLY!!!" He keeps going so I hosed him down. Dumbass.

He had one of those one-word names that seemed like a bot name, but I'd never seen a bot do anything like that.

As for the "GET OUT" command I think it's V-6-9 or V-9-6. Be sure to MG or run over the bot too. Hop in to the bow MG if need be.

What we could really use is just a change in Bot coding so that they simply won't get into a tank that's occupied by actual players. That would solve this problem.

Upvote 0
Rameusb5 said:
I disagree, but that's ok.

I'd rather see an empty server than a server that says it has 10 people on, but when I get there, they're all bots.

Maybe if the AI for the bots was better, I'd be ok with it, but personally I think their presence makes the gameplay WORSE rather than better.

well, the presence of "players" is the catalyst for others joining. having run servers in 5 games (CoD, MOH, JOTR, etc), getting a server filled is not easy work. especially with a niche game like RO:O.

as far as I see it, most servers are set for say 10 bots. as players join, the bots leave after dying. eventually, the server is filled with human players and the bots are all gone. that's how I have seen it work.

Upvote 0
I would like to see a revised bot system in which servers can determine if bots are allowed to use vehicles.

It would be interesting to see the server load of having bots ontop of the 32 player count. Would it have the same effect of normal players and slow the server down?

When our rigs are able to handle it I think bots will be the answer for large scale warfare. It is many years away, but one day I think it will come.

Upvote 0
Heinz said:
well, the presence of "players" is the catalyst for others joining. having run servers in 5 games (CoD, MOH, JOTR, etc), getting a server filled is not easy work. especially with a niche game like RO:O.

as far as I see it, most servers are set for say 10 bots. as players join, the bots leave after dying. eventually, the server is filled with human players and the bots are all gone. that's how I have seen it work.

Except that some players set their filter to weed out the servers with bots. Although, at some times that only leaves 2 or 3 active servers.

Upvote 0
Bots don't really do anything right. They are awful drivers as noted. While their abilities as an infantryman are impressive.. in a highly unrealistic way. They never aim, and bunnyhop around like a CS player. And yet they can still snipe consistantly while doing so, at least at the higher skill settings that servers seem to set.

Before I've been behind cover with only my head showing, yet I still got picked off by a bot who was 50 metres away first shot. And what was he doing at the time he fired his bolt action rifle at me? he was jumping in the air!

Upvote 0
No doubt, OTTO is the dumbest bot of all. once he even tried to suck my dick (??) while i was riding a T2, seriously. it was quite a heroic act and difficult to arrange. So I was totally immersed in stabbing the commander from behind with my Luger when OTTO appeared from nowhere and jumped up beside me like supermario. I hoped he would just bounce off as they usually do, but he proved to be sticky at this time and immediately started to act out his perverse mind.

Now I'm safe, cause I play only russians.

Almoznapulmat!

Upvote 0