• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wave 4 feedback bullet points

Temporary

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Europe, France, Normandy
Hi, just got back from a 4 hours session on the Wave 4, so here's my feedback.

Good stuff:
  • only got 3 crashes: 2 while playing, 1 when I disconnected from the server.
  • good synergy between the Commander and the Squad Leader most of the time
  • relatively stable framerate on Ham Hill (Hill 937)
  • reatively solid bipod deploy system (only had 1 major bug when: I deployed in a trench, undeployed-mantled = got stuck in the deploy stance, but was standing up outside of the trench, could switch weapons/items but couldn't fire, had the aiming angle restriction of the deploy stance)
  • Tunnel digging works pretty well (only problem: the message telling us why the tunnel can't be placed here often fails to display)
  • An Lao Valley looks very good so far in terms of capzones: different approaches, angles, type of combat. I really like its potential to shine.
Not-so-good stuff:
  • found no way to mute the Public channel altogether: loads of people are spamming non-sense loudness, arguing, etc. But you can't mute everyone either, since you at least need to communicate with your teammate. Being able to mute the Public channel entirely would be great.
  • getting stuck on many parts of the maps and no help/tip message on how to drop down the console and enter the command "suicide" (lots of players begging teammates to come and kill them because they don't know how to get the console)
  • helicopters seem to be immune to small-arms fire (including SKS, AK and RPD fire) even at very close range, making helicopters overpowered if the NVA Commander fails to use the AA ability at the right time.
  • the Territory points system is unclear (not immediately obvious that Delta is worth 5 points vs Bravo's 3 points)
  • regular framerate drops on An Lao Valley (from 60 to 20-23 fps) depending on the area
  • some wooden fence (made of sticks with large gaps in them) have bullet penetration issues (no two-way pen)
  • machine gun prone deployment on the outer rim of a crater sometime fails to properly work and has the MG aiming at the sky
  • Ham Hill (Hill 937) is large, very large - too large for low-pop games (below 30 players), where defending is rapidly frustrating because going from one side of the hill to another takes too long (so no relocation is possible)
  • Ham Hill (Hill 937) has very deep outskirts on its side, with visual concealment and hardcover, allowing spawn campers to flourish there - it's already being exploited by many participants
Overall impression: it's really getting better! Technical issues are clearly being fixed, so my only concerns are regarding the game's readability (UI, minor concerns) and map design (map balance and spawn camping prevention, significant concern).