• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Warning: You are in a protected area.

Protected area's are the worst enemy

Protected area's are the worst enemy

Everytime I find I am playing smart survival I end up in a protected area and die. (flanking a sniper being the typical example).
And the problem is that even when you ARE in a safe zone it will change to protected area when a bunch of strebers capture some point and you die anyway.

Tripwire can we enjoy the game the way we like please?

Server side swicht for "no protected" area.

If people get flanked or spawn-killed they should take care of it.

Just like team balancing by the way.

Give us a chance to be heroes! Against all odds!

Upvote 0
This has happened to me too, especially as support roles that usually don't get in the cap zone, but flank it to get a better vantage. Once it happened that the enemy took both areas at once and I had no chance of getting back to my front line.

You might argue that I deserved to die for not defending my objective, but how about this:

If I'm moving out of the taken objective don't kill me--don't have a timer, just if I'm moving in the right direction (retreating back to my defense objective), don't kill me. If I'm just camping behind enemy lines, fine, teleport me back to my spawn. But don't kill me. I'm too young to die.

Upvote 0
If you guys wouldn't ignore the capzones and play territory the way its designed to be played you wouldn't be running into these zones.

Ignore the cap zone? The other day I was inside an enemy cap zone trying to cap. The cap zone behind me gets capped, and I get killed by spawn protection. One second I'm trying to cap an objective, the next I'm killed by spawn protection. That quite obviously is not me ignoring the cap zone. It's quite obviously a poorly placed spawn protection area.

Though frankly it has been that way in RO1 too. On some maps you could see a dozen defenders instantly killed the second the objective they were in fell!

Upvote 0
I didn't read all of this thread but I am here to lend my support that this is an issue and that "out of bound zones" NEED to be marked on the map.

In some game modes some areas are allowed, and in some others are not..
Or with so and so point capture you can now go here.. And I'm sorry but I can't memorize all that and I am ALWAYS in the front lines. I die from being out of bounds at least once a round not because I'm trying to spawn camp.. Just because I have no bloody idea where it is.

Needs to be marked on map in normal not HARDCORE modes.

Upvote 0
Not realistic but then again you wouldn't like it if the enemy could just walk right in your spawn and kill you as ya load in.The problem is the way people play the maps not the maps them self.

True, but who says that spawn zones have to move forward all the time? I think that defenders who are still alive should be left in the protected areas until they're killed or retreat, and the attacking sides' spawn zones should not be moved forward until and unless they clear out the defenders. No spawn camping then, and attackers must secure the areas they capture.

Reactions: Colt .45 killer
Upvote 0
I agree when boudaries fall beck you just die instantly.There should be more time to get back to your own lines.If you go forward to opposition spawn area I don't have a problem with that there is enough time to turn around when you get the warning.
This would be one thing Battlefield Bad Company 2 did right. In rush:
MCOM destroyed, fall back to the next objective! giving time to get the heck outta there.

Upvote 0