• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Warning: The editor's asset database encountered a problem?

headbox

Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2015
That's the error, thoughts? I suspect it's permissions-related (as the SDK is loading assets from the game in C: )

Steps taken:

-Win 8.1, fully updated
-Run as administrator
-Verify game cache, re-install SDK tool
-Restart computer

Someone suggested re-installing .NET, but I actually don't know how since it's a built-in component of Windows now.

LRaasUm.jpg

Warning: The editor's asset database encountered a problem while starting up, so some asset tagging and browsing features will be unavailable. Usually, this is because the asset database SQL server isn't accessible. Check the log file for details.

One person alleged it was okay to overlook. Another reported it caused issues loading assets (surprise) - I found three reports of this issue in my searches, with no answers and at least five people who were experiencing it. I will reformat Windows if I absolutely have to, but due to my current financial situation I would lose a considerable archive of media on my main drive.

Last edited:
Thanks. Having never used Unreal's tools, I didn't know what to expect.

If I attempt to view "Mod_Tools_Modular_Template" in the Content Browser under Packages, it returns "Nothing to show; check your filter." The top-right box is clearly a filter and is set to include all by default.

http://i.imgur.com/r6NjUCA.jpg

I found this thread where a developer advises using the modular set, and another user suggests to fully load the package, but fully load is greyed out, and fully loading the parent folder doesn't change anything. THis leads me to believe the editor is not able to access files in my game's folders.

Additionally, loading the stock maps displays all the particle system spawners but nothing else in the viewport, which seems to support my theory.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Update-disregard the last post: I feel silly, .kfm is a map extension, opening Mod_Tools_Modular_Template puts that template in the viewport, progress. I must have been opening FX_BioticsLab.kfm. Yep.

Sorry for the play by play.

When I figure stuff out, I can make some concise (~3:00) YT tutorials covering UDK basics for new users in the context of using Killing Floor 2's included assets. For anyone who follows, denoflions seems correct. The asset database mentioned is Tripwire's private asset database, not the local one on your computer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0