• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Warning Protected Area!

I managed to pin myself between two separate protected areas while driving a tank on commissar's house :p. I went forward and got the warning, so I decided to just move straight back to another point, then I got another warning and exploded.

They should just change the "warning. protected area!" message to a troll face because nine times out of ten I get it after I've been gibbed.

Upvote 0
If you're already in the area when it becomes "protected" (i.e. you were going to cap it but it suddenly became blocked), you should not be affected by the "Warning! Protected area!" instant death. Rather, only soldiers who were not previously inside the area should be prevented from entering it.

That would solve a lot of problems, I think.

Upvote 0
If you're already in the area when it becomes "protected" (i.e. you were going to cap it but it suddenly became blocked), you should not be affected by the "Warning! Protected area!" instant death. Rather, only soldiers who were not previously inside the area should be prevented from entering it.

That is actually a good idea because that has been the most often way I've encountered this was from trying to capture capzones and "boom" - I'm dead.

There is no warning prompt as far as I've seen.

By prompt I mean the supposed message that's suppose to come up once you enter a protected area, stating I never receive any as well as everyone here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How are you supposed to avoid spawn camping then? Protected areas exists since RO:OST, but looks like none of you played it before.

Kurland Kessel anyone? :rolleyes:

Easy, wait until you are disposed of by enemy bullet and then spawn you in the correct location.

If the enemy has left ground uncleared then it their own fault. To have you self vaporize is just plain stupid.

Upvote 0

+1
Clever solution. I keep getting killed because I hide too well with the current system. It is a guarantee that I must die if the enemy is successful enough in capping (but yet fail to secure the area while just rushing onwards).

Upvote 0
I think its even more confusing for newbies. What looks like the perfect alternate route to flank is apparently actually a secret Nazi prototype nanobot mine field. The message should really be changed from a warning to just a "You done ****ed up son" cause its too late by then.

An the mobile version of the nanobot mines that like to change with the point captures is even more silly an confusing.

Upvote 0

This ^^
+2

Upvote 0
I don't believe I have seen anything on the map indicating where these areas are and having them highlighted would be really helpful IMO.

I have nothing against spawn protection, but the amount of time before punishment needs to be the same across the board (no insta-gibbing for being in it when it changes sides or w/e), and the zones need to be marked on the map.

Attachments

• warningzone.jpg
    warningzone.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0