• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wanna know why I haven't been enjoying the game?

Because my computer sucks so therefore my performance is horrible, and until I upgrade my PC I'm gonna be playing Xbox. Apart from that, I like the game for the most part. I don't understand what everyone is whining and moaning about 24/7, but I like the game. I played it on a friends computer on high settings with almost no lag and WOW, what an amazing game! Congrats on the game TWI, I'm sure after bug fixes, a couple changes to gameplay, and years of free content, this game will be doing great, and hopefully we can see more than the 7,000+ players that were on when the game first came out.

Nice I'm glad you enjoy it its a breath of fresh air to people not used to an RO game.So many games out now that's pretty much all the same its good to have a choice of something different.

Build your own comp and save huge money bang for the buck its hard to beat this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072.Every thing else you have power supply ram etc should plug right into it.You can always pick up a card at a good price.The 4 series like a 460 or 470 is cheap now and runs the game good.

Never buy a ready built comp build your own and save huge $$$

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice I'm glad you enjoy it its a breath of fresh air to people not used to an RO game.So many games out now that's pretty much all the same its good to have a choice of something different.

Build your own comp and save huge money bang for the buck its hard to beat this [url]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072[/URL].Every thing else you have power supply ram etc should plug right into it.You can always pick up a card at a good price.The 4 series like a 460 or 470 is cheap now and runs the game good.

agreee
i builded my comp for 600

Upvote 0
Because my computer sucks so therefore my performance is horrible, and until I upgrade my PC I'm gonna be playing Xbox. Apart from that, I like the game for the most part. I don't understand what everyone is whining and moaning about 24/7, but I like the game. I played it on a friends computer on high settings with almost no lag and WOW, what an amazing game! Congrats on the game TWI, I'm sure after bug fixes, a couple changes to gameplay, and years of free content, this game will be doing great, and hopefully we can see more than the 7,000+ players that were on when the game first came out.

you want to kiss my *** also?

Upvote 0
i found a surefire way to run this game like a hot knife through butter. i logged on to tigerdirect.com, found a computer with an i7 2600k @ 3.4 ghz, clicked order and waited 3 business days. this procedure seems to have cured my fps issues as well as frequent rage induced injuries.

We are the 99%
We can't afford a computer

Seriously now, I have been running the game on ~20 FPS for first 20 days of release, but after this huge 3 gigs patch my problem was fixed, I play on medium-high on about 40 fps.
Well I need to get a new comp anyway, so I might use this website to have a look for new parts, thanks

Reactions: Needles
Upvote 0
i found a surefire way to run this game like a hot knife through butter. i logged on to tigerdirect.com, found a computer with an i7 2600k @ 3.4 ghz, clicked order and waited 3 business days. this procedure seems to have cured my fps issues as well as frequent rage induced injuries.

Funny guy, even the 2500k is too expensive for the general crowd. Meaning hard working students aged 20-25 who have to pay college expenses as well as their gaming. Given the fact that AMD's latest FX series was a complete embarrasing fail the sandy bridge prices have even grown slightly more.
And your method of getting a PC was a complete facepalm. I bet I would get you a better PC for your money with that same 2600k if I constructed the PC with seperate components, in less time than those 3 days.
Either way, bragging about your uber high end rig in such a manner makes you look like a complete douchebag. I for example get a part time job whenever I can to afford myself the best components I can. Life is so much easier when you can just click and buy isn't it?

Upvote 0

Build your own comp and save huge money bang for the buck its hard to beat this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072. Every thing else you have power supply ram etc should plug right into it.You can always pick up a card at a good price.The 4 series like a 460 or 470 is cheap now and runs the game good.

This is good advice - Red Orchestra 2 seems to love the i5-2500k CPU with Windows 7.

edit - you DON'T NEED a i7-2500k that is a 100. waste the i5 works great.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why do we have to have these thinly veiled jabs from people who think the world revolves around them?

I have an i5 750 @ 3.2 GHz / GTX 570, and the game runs like ****, especially on 64 player servers. Also, me and a few others have had a completely broken server browser since day one of the beta which Tripwire haven't even acknowledged despite multiple threads on the issue.

Most of the complaints are about broken promises from TWI and puzzling gameplay mechanics like the reprehensible unlock system, tank AI, unrealistic usage of prototype weapons, axis bias, lack of focus on bolt action rifles, etc.

Upvote 0
I have an i5 750 @ 3.2 GHz / GTX 570, and the game runs like ****, especially on 64 player servers.

I've got an i5 750 like you (although overclocked to 4.0GHz which isn't really difficult) and an old HD5850 - my game runs fine on the 64-player servers I frequent. Wonder what the problem in your case might be. Have you tried overclocking at all? You should be able to get up to around 3.8GHz without changing the vcore at all, though you might want an aftermarket cooler of some sort if you don't already have one. If it's the gpu/graphics drivers, well, :(

Upvote 0
Funny guy, even the 2500k is too expensive for the general crowd. Meaning hard working students aged 20-25 who have to pay college expenses as well as their gaming. Given the fact that AMD's latest FX series was a complete embarrasing fail the sandy bridge prices have even grown slightly more.
And your method of getting a PC was a complete facepalm. I bet I would get you a better PC for your money with that same 2600k if I constructed the PC with seperate components, in less time than those 3 days.
Either way, bragging about your uber high end rig in such a manner makes you look like a complete douchebag. I for example get a part time job whenever I can to afford myself the best components I can. Life is so much easier when you can just click and buy isn't it?

i came from a pentium 4 and i priced out (newegg) upgrading what i had with a new mobo, and processor, which meant buying windows 7 as well as new ram for ddr3. came out to more than the deal i got on the prebuilt, without the hassle of putting it together.

my post wasn't any less pretentious than the dweebs whining about how their high end rig only got 60 fps when it gets 100 in cod suck ops.

Upvote 0

I built 3 top of the line rigs, bought a 62 inch hdtv, paid apt rent and all other bills all while in college. Not sure what the issue is here, but if people dont know how to prioritize or save that isnt the problem of new games needing more horses. Oh all that working part time as a tech for the college.

BTW i have an old Q6600 at my parents house with a 8800GT and even that runs this game more than well enough to play.

Upvote 0