• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Voluntary Death Scream/ Feigning Death?

Akim213

Jan 23, 2011
Basically I'm suggesting a bind which allows you to scream as if you died. Probably not the same as the actual death scream but something similar enough to fool most people.

E.g. You are about to run around a corner then someone on the other team throws a grenade around that corner. You stop to hide behind something and when the grenade goes off you fake scream and lure the enemy in to get shot.

With Death messages having the option to be delayed or off entirely this could open up some tactical routes around faking your death and catching the enemy off guard.

I realize that with a bind that makes noise like this there could be those who are tempted to spam it but this is a rough idea and I would appreciate it if people could avoid bringing up spam as a bad point as it could happen with any voice command.

Last edited:
And who the heck would fake their deaths? ..
Someone who wanted to live.

Also, if you were gonna do a fake scream, the only way you could trick them is by falling over dramatically in pain and loss of life. If they could shoot you, they could see you, in most cases.

They key for such a thing would best be holding down the prone key, as you'd be lying down in agony.

Upvote 0
I never said anything about falling over or having to be injured to scream and mostly I meant it to be used as a way to trick people into thinking their around the corner grenade had worked so they move up and get shot.

Also I did say that I know there could be spam as a problem L4D Zoey spam was bad.

I now realize that people need things spelled out to them so they understand

This Would probably only work under specific circumstances where the enemy can not see you and you react fast enough and time it correctly because of this I don't think people would use it as intended but rather as a tool for annoying others.

Anyways I sort of don't think its a good idea anymore.

Upvote 0
lol I'd spam the **** out of the death scream. I know everyone would too. All you'd ever hear was "Aiieee!" "Aiieee!" constantly, especially at the start of the round. Plus I don't know about everyone else, but I mostly double tap, try and put at least 2 rounds into my enemy. It's normally enough for a kill in RO. But feigning death would be pretty cool though... imagine running past a pile of dead bodies, only to have them jump up and mow you down.

Upvote 0