• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Voice Chat causing large Lag Spikes

KarateF22

Apr 27, 2015
I have a very odd problem that started just today, it did not occur prior to today and the game worked fine. Basically, whenever I hear anyone use voice chat their voice will be horribly distorted and either shortly after or during the time they speak my game will completely freeze for 5-30 seconds. I have already tried rebooting my computer and checking for audio drivers and neither of those worked.

One interesting thing I noticed is that the audio in the Game Intro is also heavily distorted, however every other sound that isn't a player talking through their mic is fine. I do not experience problems so long as noone else uses their mic, and can actually use my own mic without issue.

I have a very odd problem that started just today, it did not occur prior to today and the game worked fine. Basically, whenever I hear anyone use voice chat their voice will be horribly distorted and either shortly after or during the time they speak my game will completely freeze for 5-30 seconds. I have already tried rebooting my computer and checking for audio drivers and neither of those worked.

One interesting thing I noticed is that the audio in the Game Intro is also heavily distorted, however every other sound that isn't a player talking through their mic is fine. I do not experience problems so long as noone else uses their mic, and can actually use my own mic without issue.

Same problem to me, for last 2 days

But I hear voice clear + massive freeze 5-20sec

Upvote 0