• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 "Vehicle Chat" or special Command wheel for Transports/Tanks

GrpCaptMandrake

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 14, 2014
I played the beta where the new APCs are being tested, and I think something that would greatly help is a special "Vehicle Chat" like the Public, Team, and Squad Chat. This could be used by all people in a vehicle and could be used for instructions or tactics that was going to be used, i.e "We're going to go to the front of the bunker door, then get out and take cover behind the vehicle" etc.

Along these lines I think that a special command wheel for people in the vehicle would be useful as well with things such as "Duck!" or "Enemy at 1'O'clock!" Etc.

Hopefully the devs will see this and consider putting it in :)

I played the beta where the new APCs are being tested, and I think something that would greatly help is a special "Vehicle Chat" like the Public, Team, and Squad Chat. This could be used by all people in a vehicle and could be used for instructions or tactics that was going to be used, i.e "We're going to go to the front of the bunker door, then get out and take cover behind the vehicle" etc.

Along these lines I think that a special command wheel for people in the vehicle would be useful as well with things such as "Duck!" or "Enemy at 1'O'clock!" Etc.

Hopefully the devs will see this and consider putting it in :)

Nice idea Mandrake, but main problem is also link betwen leader and team.

I mean :
-A button to add a squad or a group in the same order

Idea for Team system : A button to add a squad or a group in the same order.

As Commander, Commander should give orders to several squad in one same click. I mean : Russian Commander asks to squad 1 and squad 2 to attack Zab house. So he clicks squad 1 and push control button or shift button and add squad 2 in the order.

By the same way, as Squad Leader, Squad Leader should gives orders to several group in one same click. I mean : German Squad Leader asks to group A and group B to defend Univermag house. So he clicks group A and push control button or shift button and add group B in the order.

Button control or shift (I don't know but one of these two buttons can be work pretty well with this function) will give us ability to mixed several groups with one order and several squads with one order.

As in infantry, vehicles group leader need also a special button "to add a squad or a group in the same order".

Last edited:
Upvote 0