• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Using the Maxim while Prone

Same goes for the MG34 on the Lafette 34.

Lol, funny guy.

Would be nice, they did come in those little machine gun carts, which I see on the loading screen but haven't actually noticed in game if they do exist. They should have a bit of manoeuvrability, maybe an extra wide arc of fire for spinning the cart. With the shield on there I can see it dominating.

Upvote 0
Lol, funny guy.

Would be nice, they did come in those little machine gun carts, which I see on the loading screen but haven't actually noticed in game if they do exist. They should have a bit of manoeuvrability, maybe an extra wide arc of fire for spinning the cart. With the shield on there I can see it dominating.

What is the funny part?

The lafette 34 design makes it a more stable platform the lower to the ground it is and the high mounting position that is used in RO:HoS is the least stable of the poses it can be deployed in and is the most dangerous one to use for the machinegunner as he is more exposed than in the other lower positions. The lower to the ground a machinegun can be mounted IRL the better.

Upvote 0
Keep in mind with the use of the periscope your peripheral vision would be limited for sure but deadly on that map. I think it would be cool to see a T&E used with the tripods like they were actually used. MGs on tripods were hardly ever used in free mode like they are in RO1 and RO2. Free mode was only used to engage targets at less than 200m which is about the limit on RO. The use of a T&E was essential in laying down accurate suppressive and grazing fire with a tripod.

Upvote 0