• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

User friendly TANK alert

PETERPANs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Voice chat inside vehicles is not very handy. Not all messages are usable some of them are missing for describing all possible scenarios. One of important things inside tank is to alert gunner about position of enemy vehicle soon as possible.

1. I see tank there!
If anyone in tank is watching enemy tank, inside tank from any visor, than small arrow will mark enemy tank. The arrow will be viewable only by person which is looking on enemy tank. Arrow is indicator of quick message and if observing person press ironsights key, than simple voice message will be generated to alert gunner about your discovery.

2. Message form.
It would be:
Enemy tank 2 o

Yeah, having to plow through voice menus is old-fashioned by now. A spotting system similar to BC2's would be nice (more realistic of course).

Spotting needs to be a one-button affair, two buttons max.

you would not believe the amount of people that reckon that everyone should spend hours drilling every command into their heads on an empty server so they can use them in-game while shooting and dodging tanks/mgs to call out for incoming grenades, shambeh bambeh, tankers-on-foot, etc :eek:

Upvote 0
Honestly, that's kind of a sexy idea, Peterpans.

If Tripwire just farted a way to put this in the game one afternoon, it would be some pretty cool beans. It would be pretty fancy to have.

Some of you dudes made a pretty good point about it being nightmarish trying to spot tanks when teamtanking in Ost due to the clunky menu system. Voice chat really is a req in tankspotting as it stands, but then again it sort of does get the job done.

+1 thread

Upvote 0
it would make team play more viable certainly would make teamplay possible without mics (which shouldn't be a requirement i don't always want to yap to people on there mic and if i do id rather debate or somthing. just a voice no arrow above the actual tank position makes spotting to easy just on the hud with tank clock also make it rotate so they can still find it if you turn the tank. :)

Upvote 0
it would make team play more viable certainly would make teamplay possible without mics (which shouldn't be a requirement i don't always want to yap to people on there mic and if i do id rather debate or somthing. just a voice no arrow above the actual tank position makes spotting to easy just on the hud with tank clock also make it rotate so they can still find it if you turn the tank. :)
I was thinking the same thing. The other problem with voice chat is when it becomes overcrowded and no-one hears you yell "there's a f***ing tank right beside you" That's why I like this idea, and not the first great one PETERPANs' come up with either:D.

Upvote 0
+1
Actually I think combining spotting system from BC2 and Arma would be pretty cool and useful. Onebutton spotting + in-game voice and text message of more or less accurate position of enemy (like "50 m 1 o'clock" or "100 m next to barn") will have extremely good influence on teamplay. For infantry there could be also thrown in hand pointing.

Upvote 0