• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Uploading Weapon Skin to Workshop

Paultron

Dec 6, 2015
I have a lot of weapon skins I've been using for months now. I've been able to get them into the upload tool and into Steam to the best of my ability, but none of them are showing in game.

When I upload, I just select the (functional) .upk file, brew it, and upload without script. Is this correct?

The game will show anything I brew from the "Published" folder, but will not show the same file in game after deleting the published copy and downloading the package from Steam. Where am I going wrong?

You gotta put it in right folder and tool will detect it so you won't have to look for it.

Example for Deagle (to find how you have to name weapon folders, look into game directory packages folder):
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Published\BrewedPC\Packages\Weapons\Deagle

Upvote 0
You gotta put it in right folder and tool will detect it so you won't have to look for it.

Example for Deagle (to find how you have to name weapon folders, look into game directory packages folder):
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Published\BrewedPC\Packages\Weapons\Deagle

I don't believe that's the problem- after hitting "Brew", these folders are populated from the files from "Unpublished". I've been clearing it to check functionality on the workshop- do I have to leave the file in it's "Published" location at all times after publication for other people to access it?

thank you for your reply

Upvote 0