• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Update this month?

TWI pls i need this update. with over 90 hours already i feel like ive exhausted what content is in the game right now and i cant play for longer than 30 minutes at a time anymore :(

05a.jpg

Upvote 0
I bet you level up dex.

I have 190 hours in KF2 by far because I don't want to spoil my game during the EA and that's not even close to my friends who have 250 - 270 average and 100% achievements.

For 90 hours you have probably beaten 1 map on Hard ... probably ...

and demanding a new update, because "I've exhausted what content is in the game right now and i cant play for longer than 30 minutes at a time anymore" after so little time playing is the definition of a casual ...

Upvote 0
I have 190 hours in KF2 by far because I don't want to spoil my game during the EA and that's not even close to my friends who have 250 - 270 average and 100% achievements.

and demanding a new update, because "I've exhausted what content is in the game right now and i cant play for longer than 30 minutes at a time anymore" after so little time playing is the definition of a casual ...

I've played 30 Hours and beat EVERY map on Hard, and I certainly wouldn't call myself a 'casual' with 400 hours on the First game. I get that we can probably just crank up the difficulty to get a little more enjoyment out the game , but I don't want to burn myself out on this game too much yet. It's just a skeleton dressed up like KF1 at this point, and that really is the truth.

Surely even you can admit that the game NEEDS an update soon, it's been two months for just one map and bug fixes. I don't think it's that people are DEMANDING an update right now, but the current state of the game requires something soon, because the player numbers are fizzling quickly.#

The numbers don't lie:

• 1,547 right now
  • 2,529 24h peak
  • 20,553 all-time peak2 months ago

Upvote 0

i have 35 hours and i'm playng suicidal with level 22 support.The patch should came out this month because i can't wait another month for new contenents

Upvote 0

Quite the rude and ignorant response... trying to blow up your ego by comparing hours and calling someone else a casual? We all appreciate your dedication to this game but, it sounds to me like you have WAY too much free time to have so many hours on the type of game this is.

I have 70 hours and 65% of achievements including 2 HOE and 3 suicidal finishes. I'm not "bored" of the gameplay, but I am certainly bored of the maps (even as beautiful and gritty and atmospheric as they are). I'm a GIANT fan of this game and KF1, but I doubt i'll get another 5 or 10 hours in before the next patch.

Also take a look back and realize just how many thousands of big title games that have been out for 3+ years, and STILL do not receive as many hours played as this unfinished early access game thats been out for 2 months.

Its clear that Tripwire is smart enough to understand that delaying content to ensure quality is the right way to go. The huge majority of us are more than happy to wait an extra week in order for something to be done right.
Please don't rush the patch :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lol well first of all this isnt a pissing contest so put your dick away. secondly i beat all maps on hard like at 10 hours... and also finished one of the dosh bling challenges within the day they came out. and finally i never demanded an update, i said please and never even so much as said something like "the update should be out already" and finally 90 hours on an incomplete game is plenty, ill be putting way more as updates come out :)
Edit: Also just realized you cant read because apparently you thought the first guy who replied to you was me. lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hmm, I think the joke went over your head.

I've got over 100 hours in Killing Floor 2 and have three Hell on Earth maps and one suicidal map not complete. However, I don't have friends who play it enough and have probably completed a lot of maps without them.

And don't try to make predictions about me since you level up dex. :D

Upvote 0
well how much of the update is finished? just curious.

In general the perks are coming online, but are not finished (nor tuned). Weapons are also coming online (ranging from they mostly work to they are in-engine to some degree).

Feature enhancements and additions range from complete (but not tested or tuned) to approved design work is being started.

For example we just had our community feedback meeting the other day and approved work on several new items to try and get into this patch. I'll be talking about what those are in future WWAUT posts (teams need to give estimates on those items to make sure we have time to get them into this patch before I can get approval to talk about them).

Sadly just because we'd like to fit something into a patch doesn't mean we always have the resources to make it so.

Upvote 0
yoshiro is it plausible that we can see this update during july. If so that would be great if you could tell us if its more likely to be in beginning or end of july.
Beginning being july 1st to 15th. End being 16-31st.

This isnt a promise i want you to make i just want to know if we can see it sooner (beginning of july), later (end of july), or much later (august, hopefully you wont need this long).

Upvote 0
yoshiro is it plausible that we can see this update during july. If so that would be great if you could tell us if its more likely to be in beginning or end of july.
Beginning being july 1st to 15th. End being 16-31st.

This isnt a promise i want you to make i just want to know if we can see it sooner (beginning of july), later (end of july), or much later (august, hopefully you wont need this long).

I would love to talk those details, but Tripwire has been burned in the past for talking about plans and what we wanted to do and when we wanted to do them by (and held to the fire when we missed the dates or the content by those dates).

That is why we as a company are skittish about dates before things are firm.

Upvote 0