• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Update 1031 Won't Finish

Vesalius

Apr 22, 2016
Hello,

So when I tried to launch KF2 tonight, the download for the new update started. When it finished and should have gone to starting the game, an error message from Steam appeared, initially it said something was corrupted. I tried once more and it said "Disk Read Error". I then verified the integrity of the game cache and it said "1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired." Nothing happened.

I restarted Steam, and it was all the same message, although the corrupted file message never reappeared.

**A side note - I reinstalled KF2 and part of my steam library onto a SSD that is brand new as of 1 month ago (March 29th), I ran a diagnostic check on the new drive and it said everything was working properly. (the drive is also less the 25% full).

I deleted KF2 and reinstalled it, and again, it tried to download the new update and it failed again.