• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Unwanted Spectators

velv33ta

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 2, 2024
There's a user I've run into several times in the past week or so that has been logging into games, voting to kick players and trying to sabotage games. If they get vote-kicked or get bored then they'll come back as spectator and generally fill the text chat with nasty stuff, sometimes for 7+ waves and I haven't found a way to get rid of them yet.

I have yet to be in a game they've joined and not been recognized as an active troll by at least one other player, and 3 of those other players have said they follow them across servers to harass them. I believe this person's on steam, they've been reported to steam by at least one other player... But I'm on Epic and haven't been able to find their username on steam to report them.

Didn't really know where to put this, but is there any way to deal with troublesome spectators or is there someone at tripwire capable of dealing with this? At this point, they've taken enough notice of me that I reckon I'll start getting targeted for kick-votes and harassment in the future.

If you have evidence and player details you can report it to our support team who can investigate and take action for breaking our EULA/Code of conduct if needed.
Okie doke, thanks for the reply. Would screen shots of the junk they put in text chat be acceptable for proof? I dunno what else I could provide. I'll check my server history, I know for sure some were third party servers, but some may have been official servers, if that matters.

Upvote 0