• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design UnrealEd Problem - Unable to select Faces!

I have the same problem on Vista 64-bit.

Using the program on my laptop (Windows XP) works perfectly.

Using it on my desktop (Vista 64), I am unable to select faces, actors, anything. The only way I am able to select anything is by using the "Select All Surfaces" or "Select All Actors", which is ultimately useless because I cannot edit anything like that.

Highly annoying because my desktop is 100x better than my laptop, yet it can't handle the program?

Upvote 0
Same problem here, and im glad its not only me also. my comp specs as follows

Amd dual core 2.2 64bit ultra on 800 fsb
4 gigs of 667 ddr2
ati hd 3200
300 gig hd
windows vista 64bit home premium

Another question is has anyone tried it with windows 7 rc? just wondering if its a os conflict with the editor, or maybe a generic editor problem with 64 bit software.

Upvote 0
Well, the initial poster had the problem on 32-bit Vista, so the only commonality seems to be Vista.

However, this is directly contradicted by WineGlass' post.

After reading yours, I figured it may be an ATI driver issue, but my laptop has an ATI card and runs the editor just fine, despite the fact that my laptop is terrible in all things graphics/processor intensive.

My desktop blows the system requirements out of the water:

Intel i7 Quad at 2.93gHz
9gigs DDR3
Dual ATI cards running at 4GB
Windows Vista 64 Home Premium

All drivers have been fully updated.

WineGlass, could you please clarify which version of Vista 64 you are using? If you are running Vista Ultimate, then maybe the issue is exclusive to Home Premium? Don't know if that's possible...

Upvote 0
Hmm strange, it has seemed to so far fixed the problem with me.

Im using HD4870's (1GB verison) in crossfire and i's working, Have you turned off 'adaptive Anti Aliasing' as that seems to dislike a number off programes.

I got mine working tonight, but what i did was uninstall + delete all kf dev and sdk off my comp and redownloaded from steam. after a restart and that it worked fine so
i don't know what was actually going wrong, but i assume the download helped.

Upvote 0