• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unknown enemy reinforcements

Seems like a very nice idea at first but this has always been an essential part of FPS, knowing how many more guys you gotta kill before you win.
Yes it has but since there are gametypes for everyone, this could fit in one of those gametypes, right? :) Something for everyone, as it seems to be RO2's way - which isn't bad if they really can appeal to large audience with different kind of player types.

Upvote 0
Seems like a very nice idea at first but this has always been an essential part of FPS, knowing how many more guys you gotta kill before you win.

remember in terri depleting the enemy's reserves is only a secondary way to win - it should all be about capzones really so a detailed figure on remaining reinforcements aren't necessarily appropriate.

Upvote 0
I'm undecided on this one... Not knowing the state of the other team's reinforcements can result in stalemates if both teams are at very low percentage or completely depleted. But it is also to some extent more realistic.

To me reinforcement % is a way to gauge how well your team is doing, which intuitively you need to know somehow because you can't really keep track of your teammates kills whilst paying attention to keeping yourself alive. It's nothing that can't be figured out by looking at the scores and killcounts anyway.

Perhaps when your team captures a territory/objective the reinforcement % of the enemy are briefly revealed? This would be a substitute for 'gathering intel'.

Upvote 0
Having the right intel is half the battle.

Specially for the Russian forces in Stalingrad this was very important since they didn't get all the reinforcements they wanted.
Placing their troops (the Russians) in the right positions is what made sure that the Germans didn't win in Stalingrad.

They needed to know how many tanks and men were building up in a certain area just to be sure they could defend against them. Etc.

Heck, even Hitler himself kept track of progress and gave orders accordingly.
He wouldn't be able to do this without up to date intel.

The Russians knew exactly where the Romanian troops were located and whiped them off the map. This move completed the encirclement of the 6th army.

Knowing the aproximate percentage left is a minimal level of intelligence for a field commander.

Upvote 0
This is what Darkest Hour introduced in their latest release and I think it works quite well.

You say that, but I've seen far more people complaining about it than praising it. Though this is due to the hilariously stupid idea of showing 100% reinforcements constantly for both teams. Most people just assume either there are unlimited reinforcements or the scoreboard is just bugged and not updating. It's especially hilarious when a side runs out of reinforcements, and the remaining team mates miss the text that flashes up and then have no way to tell. And so play on as if everything was normal...

That said, I don't think it bad at all to hide the enemy reinforcement level or perhaps abstract it to something such as high/low/critical/out instead of an accurate figure. But I definitely think you should always be able to see your own reinforcement level (unlike DH!)

Upvote 0
ppl hiding in spawn when they're the last player is bad enough when you know they're hiding there

imagine not knowing the amount and not knowing you need to be flushing them out of spawn

i suppose its an ok idea.. as long as ppl hiding in spawn automatically have their entrails pulled out from every orphus for doing so I'm for it

thats what the time limit is for. if thats set right you won't need it. ;)

Upvote 0
Is the first part a statement about how it is, or is that also suggestion?
Sounds nice, that's why I am asking:)

sorry it was a suggestion leading on from yours, i have no idea how HoS will be
however for some reason i presented it in a 'boardroom meeting' kind of way - as if we were sitting around a desk and actually going to make it happen.

Upvote 0
sorry it was a suggestion leading on from yours, i have no idea how HoS will be
however for some reason i presented it in a 'boardroom meeting' kind of way - as if we were sitting around a desk and actually going to make it happen.

Would have hoped you would say 'It is confirmed here' :D
It would fit with the idea of the magazine (heavy/light) only applied to reinforcements.

Upvote 0